Archived 3rd interview for ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting with the district manager for my 3rd interview soon. I just think it's time to start getting a range of the pay scale for negotiation. I've looked it up on a few sites and and I'm seeing around 58k and that's basically what I make now but I've talked to a few people and I've heard of some ETLs making well over that number. Shoot me some figures if your willing to share. And any advice your willing to give. Keep in mind I've ben in operations management for 10 years and have a BA degree.

With an operations background I'm assuming they're going to want to put you in an ETL-LOG role. Just keep in mind this could range from overnight(12am-12pm) to low volume(6am-4pm). Expect Black Friday schedules to be 12+ hours with less than 8 hours to turn around for your next shift. ETL-LOG's are typically paid more and have higher expectations.

50k+ sound about right for a new ETL.....unless you're Guest Experience....then expect 40k-45k.

If you're LOG, then you might be able to negotiate that to 60k, if you have the experience. A great ETL-LOG can make or break a store.

Meeting with the district manager for my 3rd interview soon. I just think it's time to start getting a range of the pay scale for negotiation. I've looked it up on a few sites and and I'm seeing around 58k and that's basically what I make now but I've talked to a few people and I've heard of some ETLs making well over that number. Shoot me some figures if your willing to share. And any advice your willing to give. Keep in mind I've ben in operations management for 10 years and have a BA degree.

Starting pay for ETLs is around 48K to 58K depending on the cost of living for your area. You can try and negotiate before the job offer but its really hit or miss. The nice thing is if you do well, you can move quickly through the paygrade system. Your first increase generally takes place within your first year and its 15% (no interview, just given to you if you are doing well), then your second raise will take place in your second year and its another 15% (tough interviews). In March-April, you will also get merit increases (these are independent of PG) and are anywhere from 0-6%... You also get a bonus that ranges from 500-2000 depending on how your store is doing. Finally, if you are O/N you could get shift diff, which is another 4K per year for working a weird schedule.

The 10 years in Ops Management is worth something - I think in the application, it asks what your salary expectation is - what did you put? I had 12+ years of various management experience, not retail related and they offered me EXACTLY what I put on my application. I think the DTL asked me what my salary expectation was and when I told him, he said it wouldn't be a problem - it was well north of $60k.

Good Luck!

Thanks guys for the input. I'm still debating. Im basically making that now so I would have to be
Coming in grooming for an STL position or I prob wouldn't take the position without an incentive. I'm willing to put in time to prove myself as an ETL but there has to be a progression promis in the 18 month period. I may be asking too much but...

How long have you been with target and what is your current position?

Thanks guys for the input. I'm still debating. Im basically making that now so I would have to be
Coming in grooming for an STL position or I prob wouldn't take the position without an incentive. I'm willing to put in time to prove myself as an ETL but there has to be a progression promis in the 18 month period. I may be asking too much but...

You realize starting at 58K means within your first year you will get to around 70K after PG11 and your first merit increase, and by your second year you should be around 85K with PG13 and your second merit increase? Do you have that growth potential in your current line of work? This is all before STL which will jump you to the 100K+ range within 3-5 years if you do well?

You realize starting at 58K means within your first year you will get to around 70K after PG11 and your first merit increase, and by your second year you should be around 85K with PG13 and your second merit increase? Do you have that growth potential in your current line of work? This is all before STL which will jump you to the 100K+ range within 3-5 years if you do well?

Yes, after doing some more reading I found information on the increases and how often they happen. And no there is not that type of growth potential in my current market. I'm pretty much topped out as a Multi Unit Operations Manager (glorified do boy for owner).

I'm excited about the opportunity. I had my 2nd interview Monday and the STL said she was going to recommend me to the DTL but I haven't heard from him yet. Getting a little anxious I haven't got a phone call yet. Hopefully I don't get that dredded "thank you for your interest but...." email.

I was an ETL-LOG O/N - worked for about a year before I decided retail and overnight wasn't for me (or couldn't hack it, take your choice - lol)! Spot is a great company with a solid track record and strong outlook. @Rock Lobster is right, if you're good, you can sign your own paycheck and create your own career path. My only guidance was to be careful about promises that are made...nothing more, nothing less.

Best of Luck...

I was an ETL-LOG O/N - worked for about a year before I decided retail and overnight wasn't for me (or couldn't hack it, take your choice - lol)! Spot is a great company with a solid track record and strong outlook. @Rock Lobster is right, if you're good, you can sign your own paycheck and create your own career path. My only guidance was to be careful about promises that are made...nothing more, nothing less.

Best of Luck...

Yes O/N LOG can be tough, especially if you are new to the company. If you do that as a PG13 and are in your second role, you better kill it for 18 months and get to STL or BP interviews ASAP or you will burn out quick.

Best of Luck...

Yes I was going to see about the ETL Log if possible. I think that's where it would be beneficial for both myself and the company. Either way I haven't even been offered a job yet.

Where are you working now?

Yes O/N LOG can be tough, especially if you are new to the company. If you do that as a PG13 and are in your second role, you better kill it for 18 months and get to STL or BP interviews ASAP or you will burn out quick.

I'm going to try to do that if hired. My recruiter moved up fairly quickly to the DL position in about 6 years from an ETL HR.

Got the phone call today setting up my 3rd interview for next Friday

I would thin at 58 that means you're being hired as an 11, unless they've upped the starting pay or OP is in a high COL market somewhere in California or a large metro like ATL/DMV

I would thin at 58 that means you're being hired as an 11, unless they've upped the starting pay or OP is in a high COL market somewhere in California or a large metro like ATL/DMV

They increased the starting pay for ETLs since so many flake out (even still). Lower cost of living areas start around 46-48K and high COL areas are around 58K. I know Minneapolis is 58K because in the motherland they struggle to hire people at stores (since most graduates want a HQ job).

They increased the starting pay for ETLs since so many flake out (even still). Lower cost of living areas start around 46-48K and high COL areas are around 58K. I know Minneapolis is 58K because in the motherland they struggle to hire people at stores (since most graduates want a HQ job).

Yeah, I'm in a very low COL area and stated in that range about 20 months ago.

IDK why it's so hard to keep ETLs around. They get paid an incredible amount of money to play around on their phones, sit at a computer, have sex in the office, and boss everyone else around who has probably been there longer. The most 'work' they do is the daily huddle, which is usually a joke.

IDK why it's so hard to keep ETLs around. They get paid an incredible amount of money to play around on their phones, sit at a computer, have sex in the office, and boss everyone else around who has probably been there longer. The most 'work' they do is the daily huddle, which is usually a joke.

Wow, I'm sorry the ETL's at your store are like that....lol smh I'm glad not all are though.

Wow, I'm sorry the ETL's at your store are like that....lol smh I'm glad not all are though.
If yours aren't, I find that's the rarity not the norm. Of the stores ive worked at, only one had halfway decent ETLs who did some work. It still didn't seem like they were underpaid for what they did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back