$35 Dyson Walmart Price Match TikTok

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
Y'all get any TikTok fam types in your store today trying to snag 329-00-0157 vacuums for $35?

They're normally $399.99 but on sale for $279.99. Below is the link to the TikTok

C7DFE774-0A02-4127-BE5D-F82E1E69DE8F.jpeg

Here's a screen grab. Sorry for the quality and volume. Had to cut it down to 10 seconds because TBR's upload size limit.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.MOV
    18 MB
I believe we would straight up DENY that price match. Even if it was real. Target has the right to deny for any reason

The relevant clause:
Price Match Guarantee:
  • We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad.

Last edited:
I believe we would straight up DENY that price match. Even if it was real. Target has the right to deny for any reason

The relevant clause:
Price Match Guarantee:
  • We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad.
What I don't understand is Guests who get mad when we don't Price Match lol.

Like, dude, if we say no, go ahead and get it at the competitor.

Oh, they don't have it? Lmao oh well!

And it shows out of stock at that Walfake anyway. So that's another clause.

Why does your post state $35 yet the the ad states $279.99?

Target won't go by someone's video and/or picture of a product.

This is why Target uses the "Price Match" app on the MyDevice because half the time it isn't the same item.

Finally Target doesn't price match third party vendors. A lot of the Dysons on Walmart's are Third-Party

Why does your post state $35 yet the the ad states $279.99?

Target won't go by someone's video and/or picture of a product.

This is why Target uses the "Price Match" app on the MyDevice because half the time it isn't the same item.

Finally Target doesn't price match third party vendors. A lot of the Dysons on Walmart's are Third-Party
The Walmart to which the TikToker had people switching to was showing it at $35. I know we have it for $279.99.

Target should not go by screenshots and people's phones... keyword "should not."

But in the comments section of that now taken-down video, and the TikToker's own comments, the Target stores they were successfully doing it at did go by the Guest's phone.

Why people don't use the Price Match app is beyond me. I was developing my own that would actually pull the price right from the website. Supporting websites like Barnes & Noble, CVS and whatever buybuy BABY is, that don't even have UPC search on their website. Of course manual verification is always required, but its a good way to see which websites might even carry the product at all.

1602025029658.png 1602025033677.png 1602025082109.png

@mobileFellow @Sarakiel

Why people don't use the Price Match app is beyond me. I was developing my own that would actually pull the price right from the website. Supporting websites like Barnes & Noble, CVS and whatever buybuy BABY is, that don't even have UPC search on their website. Of course manual verification is always required, but its a good way to see which websites might even carry the product at all.

View attachment 11601View attachment 11602View attachment 11603

@mobileFellow @Sarakiel
Yep. We strictly only use the app to do a price match. If it's not in the app, we don't do it.

I had someone come through requesting a price match on a Dyson from Bed Bath and Beyond for which no way in heck we'd honor. I cannot remember all the details as it was a couple years ago but it was either a misprint or otherwise invalid.

BB&B is right down the road. I wrote out directions to get there and thanked the guest for coming in.

I was told that it is very easy to become popular in TikTok. Can developers make me popular in TikTok?
Anyone can be TikTok famous now.
Top three things I see on TikTok:
- Target scams
- pranking your significant other
- dancing to inappropriate music at work

Someone came in, yesterday, trying to price match this vacuum to $35. I asked them if they heard about it on TikTok. They had either an app or screen shot that might pass the legitimacy test of the cashier that has been here for 2 weeks, but she came to me and damn near got laughed at.

Also on TikTok, is an SFS/pack TM who has videos of her packing boxes to be shipped out. She has millions of followers and people say, it is so satisfying to watch her videos 😂

Back