Archived 40 full-sized candy bars for $4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And diabetes. Don't forget the diabetes.
diabetus_595.jpg

Yeah, they'd probably say something like "Since he's a TM, he should know better." I'm always careful about those type of things.

It would have been the Webpage idiot who coded the item that would be fired

I pulled a couple FA's this morning that were all for these boxed full-size candy bars... Now I know why!

My store denied all of these orders and Target.com guest relations backed us on that. Some lady ordered 9 boxes and it cost her $30. She was pretty angry when we wouldn't take the hit because Target.com guys made a mistake.

This morning my SrTL pulled me from Starbucks to help her cancel some of those orders. There was about 10 and I recognized one of our frequent couponers' names. So glad I wasn't at service desk today.

So that explains why we had 66 fulfillments at 9am... I just heard from another store it was a target.com error but didn't understsnd it.... I cancelled every single one we had to get 12 people to pick them in time to not affect our score

I am divided by this. On one hand, I think that if a company makes an honest mistake, it should not be taken advantage of. Ex. A couple years ago, an airline accidentally sold seats for pennies online.

On the other hand, if people did buy these, Target should honor that.

It's a 50/50 thing.

We had someone place two orders, probably for everything we had. He also placed two orders at a different store, quite a distance from us...so that was odd. I took one look at it and walked the other way. It wasn't an error that affects me directly, so I let it go. If corporate wanted something done about it, they would have put out a notice asking stores to cancel the orders.

Our STLs reasoning was "Well, our margins are not great on these items anyway, so I don't think we should eat the loss because the target.com fulfillment center made a mistake." Then we called target.com guest relations and they told us not to honor them and that they would handle any upset guests.

I am divided by this. On one hand, I think that if a company makes an honest mistake, it should not be taken advantage of. Ex. A couple years ago, an airline accidentally sold seats for pennies online.

On the other hand, if people did buy these, Target should honor that.

It's a 50/50 thing.
flexible fullfiment they aren't charged until they pay for it. i turned them down as i explained what dpci's are and we don't sell cases like costco. we sell individual items. he told me to "leave it open, i didn't order it, and she told me not to let target screw her"

we don't have the product, and you can deal with target.com, but as a store, we can't give you a product we don't have you didn't pay for. mysupported it, but looks like they figured it out.

I saw a cart with about ten of these boxes last night near the service desk. I guess even my store got some of the orders. Haha. I'm in market so luckily they didn't all swarm me trying to see if we had them on the floor or something when we don't.

How can Target not adhere to this price error on target.com? I thought Target wanted a positive vibe culture. The price WAS on the website Target has to live up to it.

How can Target not adhere to this price error on target.com? I thought Target wanted a positive vibe culture. The price WAS on the website Target has to live up to it.

last time i had this issue (the web showed a 6 pack when dpci pointed to single) they just said they're fixing it. its like in the early days of the internet, as long as they didn't charge you/ship, they can change the prices. you are never charged until you pick it up.

I can see doing it for a single order of a pair. When people order all your stock, then it becomes everyones job to remember:

Target reserves the right to limit all purchases to a reasonable household quantity.

I just wish they'd remember that when the ipad resellers show up to buy our entire inventory during a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back