Archived 5 years...I'm done too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it took them more than 6 months to get me out but, finally I threw in the towel. Probably not a smart idea since I do not have another job lined up. I had been reading the writing on the wall since January, but, just could not wait them out to coach me out. One morning, 5 minutes after starting a 4am shift, the ETL/LOD had me in tears....I never really got over it, and I have always been a very tough cookie! Presentation was tough, and in my store, leading the team was virtually impossible! Anywho....I always got great info, input and advice from this awesome site, and I just wanted to say THANKS A BUNCH, KEEP IT UP AND CIAO!!! Wish me luck for unemployment....an impossiblity too, but, worth the try.

Sorry they drove you out, whatever2009.
Keep us posted on where you land & good luck. I'm sure you don't miss that weight that slipped off your shoulders as you walked out.

Sorry to hear that it was so hard on you.
I'm sure things will get better from here on up.
Like redeye said keep us in the loop.
Good luck and may the force be with you.

Good luck & stay in touch. Be proactive for job search. Ck out your county or state websites for workforce, they can help you.
Relax for now.

Sorry they pushed you to make this decision. In the end I'm sure it was the right one for you. Good luck in your job search & please stop by to let us know how things are going for you. :)

Thanks you guys. I don't think I can break my habit of visitng the breakroom anytime soon! LOL! Unemployment hearing tomorrow....I'm a scared! LOL!

Why should you get unemployment for quiting??? Part of the reason states are going broke is from paying people like you who think you deserve unemployment even though you had a job.... no offense but you should have sucked it up until you got another job lined up.

Why should you get unemployment for quiting??? Part of the reason states are going broke is from paying people like you who think you deserve unemployment even though you had a job.... no offense but you should have sucked it up until you got another job lined up.

That's true and a good point, but it's also a whole 'nother can of worms. Whatever2009, you can still get unemployment if you can document and prove it was emotional distress/lharassment etc, that drove you to quit. From what I have gathered around the net, target doesn't do so well in umemployment hearings...

Hang tough, Whatever2009. We'll be pulling for you! Good luck in the hearing.

Normally that is true but this in the middle of a great recession where employers are really putting the screws on employees to the point of abuse. Look at a what happened at Amazon, basically doing flow job at 100 degrees. Since states are more likely to have local people employed there, they have a greater interest in the well being of the work-force. The States are increasing the unemployment taxes on businesses precisely because of this reason to compensate for executives acting like douches.

(not bothering to dignify davegt40 with a reply)...I went to hearing in person. They did record and copy my nine months of notes. I am not sure if Target called in later on for their part. I was told 7 to 10 days for a decision. I hope they realize they did me wrong, and allow me the dignity of paying my bills while I hunt for my next job! ( definitely pursuing county, state, federal)... I will let you know!

Best of wishes.

You won't get unemployment though if you willingly quit without any type of involuntary termination being involved. Unemployment is designed for people who are involuntarily terminated, who need a means of living while they can search for a new job. It is recommended you always line up another job before you quit no matter how much your job sucks (within reason).

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of wishes.

You won't get unemployment though if you willingly quit without any type of involuntary termination being involved. Unemployment is designed for people who are involuntarily terminated, who need a means of living while they can search for a new job. It is recommended you always line up another job before you quit no matter how much your job sucks (within reason).

That depends on the states laws. In my state you can get unemployment if you quit but only if you have reasonable proof that it was under duress or due to harassment outside of regular pressure from management. If her situation was bad enough, she WILL get unemployment as long as her state has such laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back