Archived ___% off on books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I have a completely and maybe utterly dumb question about the percentage off on books. I've been working for Target for a year now and I'm still not sure what those stickers mean.

What do those exactly mean? Like half of the time the guests complain because it comes up as the marked price on the computer but it says __% off on the book and it's all confusing. Anyone help?

The guests are always confused. The Percentage off is off the publishers retailers price as it is shown - usually the inside page or back of book, as sallyhoover said.
When a guest questions the price and I explain it to them they usually say that it is deceiving.. I usually just say .. Ohh.. Then ask if they want it or not.

Yep I hate those book discounts because there are always several guests per day confused about it asking why the register didn't take 20% or whatever it is off. We once had a woman so irate about how "misleading" it was that she got the GSTL to successfully take an additional 20% off for her.

I explain to the guest that the 20% off is our regular price, and that it's 20% off the publisher's cover price (i.e. what they'd pay at Barnes & Noble).

I explain to the guest that the 20% off is our regular price, and that it's 20% off the publisher's cover price (i.e. what they'd pay at Barnes & Noble).

The sad part is that Barnes and Noble have most of their books up front with similar stickers and signs.
They don't get nearly the same amount of bitching and whining.
Maybe because the people who are shopping there are used to buying books?
I don't know.

The sticker says right on it "20% off cover price"

The words cover price are there on every single sticker and sign. I point this out to them and if they still want a mark down I put it in reshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back