Archived A Time off Request for A Month Or Just Taking A Leave of Absence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received some information today regarding a film project and it will last about a month. However, I would need to let my ETL or HR know in the next couple days if I am really thinking about doing this. This film project is taking place in a different city and so I will be out of town for a month. So my question is, should I request time off for an entire month or take a leave of absence? Or what could other alternatives be?

I believe it was discussed that only a maximum of 2 weeks can be used for leave. After that, you would have to put in a LOA.

If its for school, then a LOA is possible. If they know if its for another job, then they won't approve a LOA.

Other than that, I would suggest looking to see if there is a Target close the project city, transfer there, and work whatever hours you are able.

I received some information today regarding a film project and it will last about a month. However, I would need to let my ETL or HR know in the next couple days if I am really thinking about doing this. This film project is taking place in a different city and so I will be out of town for a month. So my question is, should I request time off for an entire month or take a leave of absence? Or what could other alternatives be?

You can do either if your HR and ETL aren't extreme jerks. I hate it when people in leadership get pissy when they find out their underlings aren't 100 percent committed to a part time job.

BTW, congrats! Actor or crew?

Last edited:
Just talked to my etlhr today about this, he said 10 days and over you will be put on a personal loa.

ive taken 3 weeks off before to go overseas and didn't have to take a LOA. Talk to YOUR ETL and/or ETL-HR and see what they have to say.

I know if you try to request more than 9 off on Max you'll get an error that says you must take a loa if you want more than 9 days off.

I know if you try to request more than 9 off on Max you'll get an error that says you must take a loa if you want more than 9 days off.

That's odd........I recently requested 10 days off for a family vacation, and I didn't run into any such problems.

this varies depending on whether you work in a DC, store, or HQ. For some it's as little as 3 days, for others it's anything over 14.
That's odd........I recently requested 10 days off for a family vacation, and I didn't run into any such problems.

Thanks for all your help. I got in contact with the guy about the film production and all the spots were filled, but he said he has seen some of my work via my resume and might take me on for another project near the end of the summer, so at least I have a heads up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back