Accidentally didn't pay for something should I bring it up?

Ive worked at target for about a month now, I bought 10 haircare products and I got 2 of one of the same products, didnt scan the second one, didnt realize until I got home and looking at the receipt. I really dont want to get fired, should I bring this up to a manager?

What would be the proper way of trying to fix this? Thanks

Yes I would. In all likelihood nothing will happen besides they will give you the opportunity to either pay for it or put it in returns. If you don't bring it forward and they happen to find out in the course of some other investigation it will be quite a different story.

Yes I would. In all likelihood nothing will happen besides they will give you the opportunity to either pay for it or put it in returns. If you don't bring it forward and they happen to find out in the course of some other investigation it will be quite a different story.
Sounds good, the managers are really cool and (although anything can happen) I feel like they'd understand and help me out. Thanks

I've done it a few times over the years. Just pay for it next time you come in. I've never mentioned it to anyone, but I would tell the truth if anyone asked. Maybe make sure the cameras can see you entering the store with the item in hand.

This sort of happened to me once, although this was before we had SCO and the cashier didn't ring up everything I unloaded from my cart. Got halfway to the door and thought my total was too low so I looked at my receipt and, sure enough, something was missing. Went back and paid for the missed items.
Not sure what was up with the cashier. She didn't last long, so maybe she was just incompetent. It's not like we were friends and she was giving me a "special discount." Although maybe she did do that with others and she was caught? No idea.
But I figure it's always better to be honest and pay what you owe. If you come under suspicion for anything, whether or not it's warranted, you don't want a simple mistake to come back and bite you.

Just as many guests have done, I've walked back into the store a couple of times over the years to pay for something that got missed at checkout.

I wasn't concerned about consequences, because it's idiotic to punish someone for being honest, and nobody enjoys working for idiots.

Back