Archived Ad setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

findmeharry

Dressy tees for everyone
I've never known if there was a real reason for why we do ad setup in the morning - why don't we do it after close? It would give so much more potential time if needed.

Store doesn't want to be brand then.

Used to be done that way. Company doesn't want to pay the shift differential.
Our store has shift differential for 4AM shifts up until 8, so most of the ad team gets it.

We used to do ad takedown and ad setup from 10 to 7:30 (some start at 10, a couple at 11). Then they changed it to 4 to 8:30 but we have more people working on the team than the usual.

They don't even do the ad takedown until Sunday morning at my store. Talk about inefficient.

• To drive sales, as should be taken down as close to closing as possible.
  • Depending on the week it can differ from heavy, to light. Meaning ad take down could go past 10; you'd have people putting up signs while taking them down which would be chaos. Or let's say the setup team jumps in and helps, that's taking away too many hours from setup, which could end up with people having to leave before it's finished.
  • Less people on the floor to help guest. Ad is awesome in that it's not cumbersome to bring along and it's so brain numbing that you start engaging guests in conversation without realizing it because you can't take the silence and routine of it anymore. It's also probably when you are the most FFF!
Setting it earlier because you can't hold your team accountable to work their best is not an attribute of good leadership. In my 6+ years of ad I've seen the same number of signs go up twice as fast or vice versa because the team members were working at an acceptable pace. Most people and stores don't realize that ad should be fast paced, people definitely milk it.

Also, the few stragglers who come in early on Sundays are more likely not going to notice/care that were still putting up ad. Just prioritize setting it by what the flyer has advertised.

I don't understand why setting it in the morning makes it less brand.

It doesn't matter when it's set up because the Flow team runs in and blows 30% of the signs away on trucks lol. I do ad set up and the unload so it's funny seeing my hours of work being destroyed in a half hour

At my old store we were forbidden from doing takedown until 1 hour before close Sat. They also had setup mostly done by store open.

You'd think this would be better for sales, since someone will pass over something without the sale sign by it....

Of course at my new store we can start takedown as early as 6:30-7pm, which is quite a few hours before close, and we don't have setup done until past noon on Sunday sometimes.

I'm just grumpy over the fact that we've gotten into a routine where ad takedown won't be done until the morning. Being the only one in Softlines doing takedown and setup is a lot to take. Any suggestions to go faster?

I'm just grumpy over the fact that we've gotten into a routine where ad takedown won't be done until the morning. Being the only one in Softlines doing takedown and setup is a lot to take. Any suggestions to go faster?

• Organization! I have a special tub with all soft-lines sign holders. Knuckle, stem, grid, bar, peg hook and acrylic. I also keep toppers and generic 14x23.
  • Make sure all graphic ism is up when it comes in, makes it loadsss easier.
  • I leave 1 empl sign in every 14x23 so when I take out the sale sign I don't have to bother swapping.
  • I also leave knuckle sign holders upside down on towers for easy access.
  • For takedown I walk aisle by aisle and take down each sign and sign holder.
  • I organize all signs by department (ie men's, rtw,) then by brand (I.e merlons, mossimo)
  • If I have all women Shorts BOGO I go through all of rtw to put them up before moving on to the next sign.
  • On the top of the tub I lay out all the ad signs for the area I'm working in .
  • Instead of shooting a white 7x11 I usually just move the product around so that the whole rack is on sale or have another sale item on the back. Saves loadsss of time.
  • If I have a lot of c9 I usually scan rack by rack and print a sign, it'll take 10-15 minutes but it's definitely easier.
  • I also carry a copy of the ad with me if I can't find something and it's not in the ad I put it aside until I'm finished and have the SL team help.
My ad is usually located (if it has one) for me,so all I do is sort it by department and then by brand. It takes 15-20 minutes at the most for me to prep, but it makes me life soooo much easier.

My ad is usually located (if it has one) for me,so all I do is sort it by department and then by brand. It takes 15-20 minutes at the most for me to prep, but it makes me life soooo much easier.

When I set up, I don't locate softlines anymore (with the TLs blessing). I do, however, break it down by department and brand block.

I remember a couple months back coming in on Monday to see men's shorts on sale and noticed the sale paper just laying across the top of the shorts. What! Lol

When I set up, I don't locate softlines anymore (with the TLs blessing). I do, however, break it down by department and brand block.
I don't know why ours does... It's more time consuming then it is important...

My team worked 4-8.
It is important to have a strong consistent team who know the process and show up on time when you're working that kind of schedule.
I had 1 person in Softlines, and 4 in Hardlines besides myself.
The TL and ETL would come in 2 hours later and do endcaps.

I won't lie we missed the 8 deadline probably half the time but usually by only an hour or so.
It got really bad when a couple of the good team left and they started rotating in people who really didn't want to be there.

Just when they took me off the lead the new STL decided they had to do it to brand and scan them on the shelves not ahead of time.
Also that it had to be done Wave style rather than one person being responsible for a section they were familiar with.
The team started getting out at noon.
I guess not having to scan them in must be awesome.

This week is a rather large ad, yet I have surprisingly little time to prep it and minimal expectations for help.

~7700pcs ad. One of my fellow TMs and I busted through the circular box on Sunday (rubber banding all of the research POGs to work on at the end of the week). Wednesday I took the TPC box and banded all of the research POGs just in case someone decided to "help" me and destroy my system. Friday I hope to be able to do the same with the ad correct bundle. I always leave the research for Friday/Saturday because plano is done for the week and everything should be tied.

Since I also set the ad on Sundays I will take the POGs that didn't come up with locations and sort them into a smaller box by their primary locations. Once we work through a department (we've been using the wave method), I will go back and check my box for any signs that still need to go up.

I'm pulling pretty close to 40 hours this week, but my attention has been pulled in other directions. I need to have a talk with him about how I'm being "utilized" and how I can ensure that my workload gets handled correctly.

So yesterday I watched the electronics tm remove all the sale signs on the baby food. We were pushing the truck and had a lot of food. It was 9:30 am! I asked her why she was taking down the signs and her reply was that she gets busy later and may forget. I'm sorry but IMO that is way too early. On Saturdays we push baby first because it gets very busy, especially with people picking up food. We had a lot of food on sale and I think not everyone would be aware of what is on sale without signage. This tm is not new. What is your opinion? Am I overreacting?

It doesn't matter when it's set up because the Flow team runs in and blows 30% of the signs away on trucks lol. I do ad set up and the unload so it's funny seeing my hours of work being destroyed in a half hour

I'm on flow- it is ANNOYING when the sticker signs are put up and does not list the specific product- for instance crystal light or gerber. The sign will say crystal light or Gerber- but does not specify WHICH flavor- therefore I have to remove the sticker to see orginial label indicating which flavor. That results in stickers not sticking back on- I informed the signing person about that because there are several areas in store that has that problem- she blames it on corporate...
So.... Don't blame it entirely on FLOW...;)

I'm on flow- it is ANNOYING when the sticker signs are put up and does not list the specific product- for instance crystal light or gerber. The sign will say crystal light or Gerber- but does not specify WHICH flavor- therefore I have to remove the sticker to see orginial label indicating which flavor. That results in stickers not sticking back on- I informed the signing person about that because there are several areas in store that has that problem- she blames it on corporate...

How about pulling the label strip open so you can peek rather than tearing off the sign. And yes I blame Flow.

This. Those vaguely-worded signs drive me crazy.

How about pulling the label strip open so you can peek rather than tearing off the sign. And yes I blame Flow.

Depending on the label style and how the sign is stuck on, you can just flip up the bottom of the sign to look at the label and read the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back