Advanced Professional Training

If you're interesting in becoming a better professional person, Target and Skillsoft have a site that provides advanced training programs.
These are definitely geared towards HQ-level folks (office dwellers). But, I know there are team members out there that would love to have access to these sort of training programs (either to level up or to pursuit their own interests). There is a plethora of videos, books and training paths that might interest you.

I don't know if this is limited to team members with @target.com emails, but never hurts to try.

If you're interesting in becoming a better professional person, Target and Skillsoft have a site that provides advanced training programs.
These are definitely geared towards HQ-level folks (office dwellers). But, I know there are team members out there that would love to have access to these sort of training programs (either to level up or to pursuit their own interests). There is a plethora of videos, books and training paths that might interest you.

I don't know if this is limited to team members with @target.com emails, but never hurts to try.
Back when I started they would actually select team leads for the program and send them to the district office for classes .

Tms can try to get there via workday learning.
Which displays a strong disclaimer warning against hourly TM's doing required training off the clock. I wonder if that also applies to optional, "professional development" courses like these.

Which displays a strong disclaimer warning against hourly TM's doing required training off the clock. I wonder if that also applies to optional, "professional development" courses like these.
Considering that none of this training is directly associated with store workload, it would be your choice to pursuit it… therefore you'd be doing it off the clock regardless.

I downloaded the app and I'm using it "off the clock" to help myself develop. I want to be an ETL and eventually a SD but these courses can also translate to other jobs so if Target is offering free training, I will definitely take advantage.

From the website splash page:

Percipio is a continuous learning portfolio provided to all team members to promote personal development. Percipio courses should never be required for non-exempt team members. Any access to Percipio by a non-exempt team member is considered voluntary and should be done on the team member’s own time. Team members may voluntarily choose to use their own personal device to access content on Percipio, however are never required to do so. If you are a non-exempt team member and you believe you have been asked to use Percipio as a requirement for your job, or have been told to use your personal device involuntarily, please close this application and contact your HR representative.

I tried your courses, and I want to say they are extremely effective! I find it very useful to take courses like this, especially if you are an office worker. Since such courses help develop the basic professional skills that employees need. From my personal experience, I would also highly recommend leadership training courses. Here you will learn not only how to work professionally in your post, but you will also learn how to become a leader in your company. The main feature of learning here is the simulation pf certain situations, tasks, and problems that you have to solve. You will study in practise and will be able to apply this knowledge in your real work.

Last edited:
Back