Archived Advice on applicant for the GSTL position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I recently applied to Target and came across this forum while trying to research the company! It looks like a great resources for Target employees, and I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. I recently applied for the GSTL position at one of the Canada stores and I was wondering if you had any advice or insight regarding the interview? Who can I expect to be interviewed by? Also, from what I've gathered through skimming the forum, the in store positions above a TL are ETL, Sr.TL, and STL...Is that right? Who does a TL report to? Do they report to all of the aforementioned positions, some of them, or just the STL?Thanks so much for your help! It's much appreciated! :)

For the interview make sure you are prepared for situational questions, "Tell me about a time...". All of your answers should have some sort of Leadership example in them. In the US there are typically 3 interviews, one with an ETL/HR, STL, and then finally with the DTL to make the final decision.

TLs report to an ETL, the STL is the store manager or Store Team Leader. A Sr. TL is a TL who is LOD (Leader on Duty) at times. So they would be your peer, but when they are LOD you may be delegated tasks by them.

Good Luck!!

The positions above TL (in order) are: senior TL, ETL, and STL. TLs and sr TLs both report directly to their ETL.

Thanks for the help everyone! It's much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back