Archived Advice on becoming GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Agree that all of us are underpaid, but i think it's safe to say that gsas are the MOST underpaid in contrast to all other tm positions. This is why there is a lot of bitterness among some gsas.

It should be the highest paid tm position. I've felt that way ever since I was one (and at that point, it was a $0.25 raise. I think the signing tm is the highest paid, if I remember correctly, and it should be on par with that, at the least.

Signing, TPS, and PA are all N09 i believe, anything higher (except pharmacy) is TL positions.

It's a joke that our Photo Lab Assistant makes more than me, and she just sits on her duff all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signing, TPS, and PA are all N09 i believe, anything higher (except pharmacy) is TL positions.

It's a joke that our Photo Lab Assistant makes more than me, and she just sits on her duff all day.

Ahh. Yes. I forgot I need to consider stores who aren't working with the skeleton crew mine has. No TPS or PAs for me. Last I heard we'll go Pfresh in 2015 (it used to be 2012, then 2014, so I'll believe it when I see it)

Oops. Didn't mean to open a can of worms. I didn't realize that so many stores have so many different roles regarding how they use their GSTLs and GSAs. Also of note, GSAs do have to be interviewed at my store. Also, it sounds like some GSAs are just sort of senior cashiers. They basically created a role for me at my store where I have two "captainships" over Cash Office and GS. I having been working hard to improve GS and it is beginning to see a lot of progress. My CO captainship basically involves making sure things go smoothly and making sure supplies are not running low/out. Anyways, final point is we are definitely underpaid. Target knows this too or they wouldn't shove all the union c*** in your face.

I captained Guest Service during my time as a GSA. Print out the Smart Sort best practice, and check the Guest Service page on workbench for suggested drawer contents and layout best practice. Go through and reset the entire area to brand/best practice. If you can do that, it'll be easy to train everybody because the instructions on how to run guest service are very clear in the training/reference guides.

I captained Guest Service during my time as a GSA. Print out the Smart Sort best practice, and check the Guest Service page on workbench for suggested drawer contents and layout best practice. Go through and reset the entire area to brand/best practice. If you can do that, it'll be easy to train everybody because the instructions on how to run guest service are very clear in the training/reference guides.

Thanks for the info! Should definitely help me to get my team at GS on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back