Archived Advice on Promotion from TPS to APBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advice on how to get promoted from TPS to APBP?
I’m not really into the whole kiss ass thing to get a promotion. My stats and work are solid so I know I have nothing to worry in that regard, I just would like any advice please and thank you.

Promoting from a TPS to an APBP is a huge jump that is highly unlikely to happen. Your first step would definitely be either APS or APTL before they consider you for a BP position. I would ask your TL or ETL if you have one on what they would like you to work on to be considered for a promotion. Good luck.

I think you mean APS.. TPS to APBP would literally never happen.

Know your numbers. How many PMR’s, KTR’s and App’s do you have MTD/YTD? What areas are they coming from? What are your primary focus areas? What dollar amounts of shortage are you seeing from those areas and how are you fighting it? What specific brands/items are you seeing loss on? Etc.

Dig deep into shortage, talk the talk, and walk the walk.

I think they want to go from TPS - APBP in the future, not in one jump. Probably looking for advice on the path to take. I don’t know much about AP so I can’t be any help

Thanks everyone for the advice, I appreciate it I really do. But in all honestly I’m mainly only interested in APBP than an ETL, APL, etc. I want to use my degree to its advantage of course. I see a lot of the Business Partners in my area, region, district all have their jobs simply from having applied rather than any Target experience. I’ve been with the company almost eight years, have done literally everything in the store, and am graduating soon so I want to also move up. But I do see where you all are coming from having to go you the AP ladder and or stuff like that.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I appreciate it I really do. But in all honestly I’m mainly only interested in APBP than an ETL, APL, etc. I want to use my degree to its advantage of course. I see a lot of the Business Partners in my area, region, district all have their jobs simply from having applied rather than any Target experience. I’ve been with the company almost eight years, have done literally everything in the store, and am graduating soon so I want to also move up. But I do see where you all are coming from having to go you the AP ladder and or stuff like that.
The best way to leverage a college degree is to resign and then contact a recruiter. You’ll save years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back