Archived Alchoholic Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually prefer the mag strip cards...easier and quicker. In my state the ID's have multiple barcodes and you have to hold it a certain way to block off one of the strips so the right one will scan. Just a tiny bit of a hassle.

My state is like that....I've found that if you take the scanner and scan from the bottom to the top, it catches the "right" barcode almost every time ;)

My state is like that....I've found that if you take the scanner and scan from the bottom to the top, it catches the "right" barcode almost every time ;)

Good to know! Actually, it has gotten a lot better since we got the new hand scanners back in the summer. The old ones were terrible, and I spent the first month of my Spot life unable to scan an ID to save my life.

Funny...we used to just have one barcode, and now we have a tiny one very close to the large one you scan. Serious pain. And then, I once had a Redcard app for an out of state license that not only had the magnetic bar strip, but when you scanned it, it entered the address information *for* you! I nearly fell over in amazement! I am clearly in the wrong state.

I've found that if I scan the ID before having the guest fill out the info, press ENTER, it will usually put in the info in for you.

I've found that if I scan the ID before having the guest fill out the info, press ENTER, it will usually put in the info in for you.

Ok, back up.

I hit total, punch whatever function key it is to scan using current address...then it comes up asking me to put in the address and zip code. You are saying if I just hit enter there it will pick it up?

Ok, back up.

I hit total, punch whatever function key it is to scan using current address...then it comes up asking me to put in the address and zip code. You are saying if I just hit enter there it will pick it up?

Nope...I tried it tonight with both redcards I had. There is simply no way to get around manually entering the address in this state.

Last edited:
Nope...I tried it tonight with both redcards I had. There is simply no way to get around manually entering the address in this state.

That's too bad! I love it. Speeds up the process like crazy. I just tell the guest to verify the info on the screen and they're on their way!

That's too bad! I love it. Speeds up the process like crazy. I just tell the guest to verify the info on the screen and they're on their way!

This. The only time I ever have to change anything is if the guest just moved and hasn't gotten their new license yet. I can usually tell because they have a sticker on the back with the new address.

You don't have to get a new license in this state when you move...you only have to go online and let the DMV know. My address has been wrong for years because of it (renewed by mail with a sticker last time). Thus we always have to ask if the address is correct before keying it in (about a 50/50 shot of being wrong, I think).

Like I said, I was amazed the first time I scanned an out of state license and didn't have to input the address. Our state only picks up the name. It's all good...normally I don't get Redcards until the end of the transaction, so I have nothing to do but wait for them anyway, so typing in the address doesn't slow anything down for me, anyway.

You don't have to get a new license in this state when you move...you only have to go online and let the DMV know. My address has been wrong for years because of it (renewed by mail with a sticker last time). Thus we always have to ask if the address is correct before keying it in (about a 50/50 shot of being wrong, I think).

Like I said, I was amazed the first time I scanned an out of state license and didn't have to input the address. Our state only picks up the name. It's all good...normally I don't get Redcards until the end of the transaction, so I have nothing to do but wait for them anyway, so typing in the address doesn't slow anything down for me, anyway.

My state is greedy beyond belief and thus is anal about it.

We rarely get red cards in pharmacy, but I know with the PSE, if the person has ever had their ID scanned previously, it automatically populates the info and we just have to verify it against the ID.

Had someone try to pass me a fake one a couple days ago. Guess they didn't think I'd look and see that the person in the picture was Hispanic and they obviously weren't! Not to mention the height listed was 6'0" and the guy was about 5'4!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back