Archived All Push Flow Truck Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a 6am flow team and we are moving to an all push truck unload (avg 2,100 pieces 1 truck). I was just wondering what the truck line others who use this system looks like. Right now the right side of the line is push(electronics, market, hba, market 2, chemicals, furniture 1,2,3, sports, toys, seasonal, stationary and softlines and diapers on the end) and the left side is all backstock. We have 1 scanner, 4 on the line, 1 backstock person, and one moving pallets/ helping wherever. Our TL asked us to suggest any ideas of how we think it should run and I was wondering if anybody has an effective scheme. My main concern is that we will run out of time before we open with stuff still on the floor (We do chem, hba, paper, market, stationary, and parts of softlines before the store opens). We have usually 400-450 pieces of backstock. Any ideas are great

We do this only if the truck is smaller than a certain size. Not sure what it is. Also not sure on the layout because I've never seen it done. I set up the line at night, but no one ever tells me anything about truck size or transition amount. Sometimes I look it up, sometimes I don't give a fuck.

The main thing for doing a push all is to make sure the line is set up efficiently. Heavier areas need to be further down, lighter areas closer to the front. Back side of the line can be utilized for transition, softlines, and areas that don't need to be broke out (use flats if you have them) like mini-seasonal/one spot, pets, diapers. The line needs to keep moving smoothly for everything to work. The sooner you get the truck done the better with a 6am process.

Yeah I forgot about transition. If you can sort that as it's coming off the truck, that saves a lot of time. We don't really have the room when not pushing all.

Do you guys have someone pushing PIPO as soon as it gets off truck? I work truck every truck and as soon as i get in I am pushing all the pipo they got lined up by the doors for me. I can usually finish PIPO before truck is finished unloading. When no PIPO to push(cause i'm too fast) I am sorting chemicals into tubs by aisle along with the girl who does that the whole unload. We got a couple people pushing the morning pulls, and as soon as truck is finished unloading they start doing the repacks. We also sell a ton of diapers(people like to get it on in the hood), so someone spends alot of time playing around in there. .....

Not gunna explain whole process as it would take to long. Main ideas: Have someone pushing PIPO as it gets off truck.<<make sure they are pallet jack trained as those water PIPO and some dog food PIPO are heavy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back