Archived Allowed to work at Target AND Dunkin Donuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any team members out there who work at a Target that has a Starbucks in it who ALSO work at a Dunkin Donuts? I'm in desperate need of a second job and being a pharmacy tech, the only other job that will really work around my schedule would be a Dunkin Donuts. I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's some sort of "non-compete" clause we're held to since we're affiliated with Starbucks. I know I can ask my HR tomorrow... I'm just curious on everyone elses' input.

Thanks!

I cannot give you a definite answer on that, but I can tell you that I was able to work at Target and Toys R Us at the same time. During holiday season I worked overnight flow at TRU then came home, showered, and went to work my morning shift at Target. After holidays, I worked Target in the morning and closed backroom at TRU. Nothing was ever said to me about a conflict of interest.

Hey if you need the job, take it, more then likely target won't know the difference and won't care. Yes, I've probably heard somewhere that we are not really supposed to be working at a competitor or some trash.... But who really follows up on that? Plus I think it's stupid for target to think they should have any say in what you do outside of your 8 hours in the box.

There really isn't anything they can say about you working for DD.
I wouldn't necessarily make a big deal out of it but do what you have to do and take the job.
If Spot isn't willing to pay a living wage than they can't ***** about where you work to make ends meet.

As long as you don't get caught working at Wally, I don't think they'd care. While I was at Target, I had coworkers who also worked at Sears, DSW (shoe store), Babies R Us, Big Y (grocery store) and CVS. There may have been others. I think the ETLs knew about all of them.
Just remember that just because Target may not have an issue with it doesn't mean the other company will feel the same. One of my coworkers had to leave Target when her other employer told her it was a conflict of interest to work both jobs. I don't think DD will give you that issue though.

you can work at any competitor or any other store as long as you are not management at either place. Atleast thats how we operate in our district, my guess it's up to your HRBP.

The official states you can not work a second job with a direct competitor. Walmart mainly.

I have heard of Pharmacy Techs working at WalGreens and CVS as well. Other TMs working at grocery stores or McDonalds.

The official states you can not work a second job with a direct competitor. Walmart mainly.

I have heard of Pharmacy Techs working at WalGreens and CVS as well. Other TMs working at grocery stores or McDonalds.

This. Target only considers it a conflict of interest if you get a second job at another big box store. Walmart, Sams, Kmart etc. Dunkin Donuts will be just fine.

we have a TM at my store who works at Target AND Walmart, they even mentioned it in a huddle in front of the TL and ETL, i dont think they care

Here's a question, is it any of Target's business if you work at dunkin donuts? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back