Archived Am I in trouble? Am I going to get fired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have been working for target for i would say less than three months now (Target Canada)
So today i felt really sick like an hour before work thinking i would be fine
but it was a tummy sick (diarrhea) as i stayed in the washroom for so long i came out it was passed by shift time
and i still felt really sick so decided not to go and so called in and told them i was sick
but they said since its passed my shift time it is a no call no show

Am I in trouble for this? :| Will they fire me?
I have never done this before but have called in sick before for once but it was before my shift so I was fine for that
and thats is... never been late or in trouble at all

Has anyone done this before? :\

You should be okay. I've heard that you have to have 3 consecutive no call-no shows in order be fired, or be on final warning for attendance issues. As long as it's an isolated incident, and it seems like it is from what you're telling us, the worse that may happen to you is someone may talk to you and just tell you to try and call in sooner next time.

The LOD might not have been happy about it, but one NCNS without prior attendance issues shouldn't cause significant damage. Even though you were marked as a NCNS, it's good that you at least called. It's best to call at least 2 hours before your start time so they can cover your shift, though if it's an early AM shift (in a non-overnight store), it may not always be possible.

You're Okay, IF you are past your 90 days.....but that is here in the states, don't know what policy is in Canada.

I had thought you had two hours before and after your shift starts to call in, though that may just be our store. If you're over 90 days, you'll just get coached and maybe earn the ire of your TLs.

At my store it's an automatic counseling even if you call in after the fact because you didn't call at least two hours before your shift. But as long as you have no prior attendance issues and don't have any more for the next 6 months, you'll be fine. Although you will have to sign paperwork if it is a counseling.

A NCNS at my store before your 90 days are up is instant termination. It sounds like a lot of you work in a nicer store than me, but it has been the practice since I started years ago. It is unfortunate too, we have lost some good team members due to that practice.

I went to work the day after and nobody said a thing or mentioned anything! :D Thank god!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back