Archived Am I rehirable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back in March I quit my job as a cashier/guest services team member because one of the GSTL's up there was bullying me and had problems with me for whatever reason I don't know. I thought about going to our ETL or HR but our management system is so tightly knit that it wouldn't help. Throughout the summer I thought about coming back and I asked my ETL HR if I was rehirable and she said yes.

Fast forward to now, the GSTL I had issues with transferred and I wanted to come back. I actually liked working there it was just this one GSTL holding me back from reapplying. So I submitted an application and our new ETL HR declined it immediately because on my two weeks notice form, I checked off 'unsatisfied with supervisor', and she thought the manager I was talking about was the ETL currently up there. The only reason I know is because of a friend who talked to our manager who is in charge of setting up interviews and told me about it. I went in to talk to the hiring manager today who said she would set me up with an interview on Monday.

This leads me to think I am not rehirable? I even asked my old ETL when I was in there and he said I was as far as he knew after I explained to him that I didn't quit because of him. He said he knew I was reapplying and trying his hardest to get me back in. Is it just because the new HR didn't know who I was? It's all like a very situational story, I know, but would checking off 'unsatisfied with supervisor' immediately mark me as not rehirable?

Last edited:
So back in March I quit my job as a cashier/guest services team member because one of the GSTL's up there was bullying me and had problems with me for whatever reason I don't know. I thought about going to our ETL or HR but our management system is so tightly knit that it wouldn't help. Throughout the summer I thought about coming back and I asked my ETL HR if I was rehirable and she said yes.

Fast forward to now, the GSTL I had issues with transferred and I wanted to come back. I actually liked working there it was just this one GSTL holding me back from reapplying. So I submitted an application and our new ETL HR declined it immediately because on my two weeks notice form, I checked off 'unsatisfied with supervisor', and she thought the manager I was talking about was the ETL currently up there. The only reason I know is because of a friend who talked to our manager who is in charge of setting up interviews and told me about it. I went in to talk to the hiring manager today who said she would set me up with an interview on Monday.

This leads me to think I am not rehirable? I even asked my old ETL when I was in there and he said I was as far as he knew after I explained to him that I didn't quit because of him. He said he knew I was reapplying and trying his hardest to get me back in. Is it just because the new HR didn't know who I was? It's all like a very situational story, I know, but would checking off 'unsatisfied with supervisor' immediately mark me as not rehirable?

I think you would be totally re-hirable. As long as you have friends on the inside who are clear on the reason you left and they can inform the HR person. after all HR doesn't really make the hiring decision, they just screen the applicants for those who do.

I think you would be totally re-hirable. As long as you have friends on the inside who are clear on the reason you left and they can inform the HR person. after all HR doesn't really make the hiring decision, they just screen the applicants for those who do.
ETL-HR actually DOES make the hiring decisions...

ETL-HR actually DOES make the hiring decisions...
My Dad is an HR manager, from MY experience, they screen candidates and of course they have an influence on the hiring managers (I.E they decide who moves on to the next round, but I have to disagree with you on the actual hiring. They do fill out the paperwork tho once the STL and ETL/DTL makes the final decision....

My Dad is an HR manager, from MY experience, they screen candidates and of course they have an influence on the hiring managers (I.E they decide who moves on to the next round, but I have to disagree with you on the actual hiring. They do fill out the paperwork tho once the STL and ETL/DTL makes the final decision....
Disagree all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the ETL-HR at a Target store has the ability to hire TMs without input from above.

I doubt the DTL has time to sign off every tm in the district lol. Could you imagine how terrible that job would be? Wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Could you be rehirable? Yes. Would they rehire you? Maybe... If you are labeled as a problem employee, they might want to look at other applicants. A problem employee can fall under - not getting along with management. Getting along with management is KEY in retail - it's called politics. Even if that manager was a complete &$$@@, you still need to "vibe" with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back