Archived Am I seasonal or regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadows

Darkness Rules
Hey everyone! So I applied to Target a few weeks ago when I quit my job at Carl's Jr. At that time they had a poster up saying they were hiring people. I applied for a regular job and scored an interview where they only problem was is that I told I had to go on vacation from December 21st-December 28th (I know it sounds awful but I had the time off at Carl's Jr. and it wasn't a problem. I felt so bad and I was dreading telling them. I told them I'd be willing to work every holiday and Black Friday to pull my own weight ) I got the job as a Starbucks TM and a Cashier TM but between the time from my application to the interview they changed the poster to hiring seasonal. HR hasn't said anything about changing me to seasonal, but I just have this awful feeling they're gonna let me go after 90 days. I think I just need some input.

You started off on the right foot by letting them know about your vacation. Most people won't tell them until the last minute, after they get hired. Just stay on top of HR in November/December to make sure they don't forget when making the schedule. If you're curious to know whether you're seasonal or "regular", you can just ask HR. In a sense it doesn't really matter since you still need to make a good impression during your 90 in order to stay. It's just more of a guarantee for "regular" hires.

You started off on the right foot by letting them know about your vacation. Most people won't tell them until the last minute, after they get hired. Just stay on top of HR in November/December to make sure they don't forget when making the schedule. If you're curious to know whether you're seasonal or "regular", you can just ask HR. In a sense it doesn't really matter since you still need to make a good impression during your 90 in order to stay. It's just more of a guarantee for "regular" hires.
I'm planning on talking to HR tomorrow before my oreintation. It's a miracle to me they even hired me knowing I'm taking off the busiest week for Target

Welcome to The Break Room.

Do make sure that your vacation is actually in their system information.
Don't make the assumption that because you told them it will be.
When you talk to HR make sure you get instructions on how to properly get the time put into the system and okayed.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Do make sure that your vacation is actually in their system information.
Don't make the assumption that because you told them it will be.
When you talk to HR make sure you get instructions on how to properly get the time put into the system and okayed.
Thanks

Damn straight.

I haven't missed/been late for a single shift and always answer the phone when Spot calls.

Just got back from orientation I was the last batch of regular before they do seasonal even with my vacation. I still get the 90 day evaluation but I think it's more of a guarantee as long as you don't screw up.

That's what I figured. I was going through the online application process with a friend and there were no positions available for seasonal positions, only regulars. I imagine that we'll start hiring seasonals around mid-late october.

I actually have this wondering in my head... 95% of me knows I'm "permanent" since no one told me I was seasonal; I'm pretty sure this would've been made clear as @mrknownothing mentioned. But being hired in October is always iffy. And since I'm in CA and the minimum wage is going up on 1/1/2016 (1 day after my hire date)... it's sketchy.

I actually have this wondering in my head... 95% of me knows I'm "permanent" since no one told me I was seasonal; I'm pretty sure this would've been made clear as @mrknownothing mentioned. But being hired in October is always iffy. And since I'm in CA and the minimum wage is going up on 1/1/2016 (1 day after my hire date)... it's sketchy.

If you're not sure, ask HR. As a new hire, you're still subject to the 90-day probationary period, but if you actually make an effort to do your job correctly and be fast, fun, and friendly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back