Archived an opening over at the mobile kiosk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

hey all just wanted to know if any here had any experience or knowledge with this. The mobile kiosk at my store has a job opening, the only reason I know this is because I know the manager there. I haven't talked to her much about this but she said I the only ways I could work for her are to either quit target for 6 months(which I can't afford) or to convince an ETL in my store I'm guessing she means HR or the STL to allow me to transfer. I've heard that radio shack is behind these so do they work for radio shack or target? Also anyone know how the HR might react to this request/what do I do? It would be a good opportunity as it pays much more.

Thanks in advance.

Mobile kiosk workers aren't regular TMs, they're in the system as leased team members...you'd be working for Radio Shack if you moved over, not Target.

you arent allowed to as long as you work for target. i already looked into this to get some extra cash, but there is a thing that you cant work for them or any vendors that service target

As far as I know, I am good friends with that Target mobile guys at my store. In order to be considered for a job at Target mobile. You would have to quit your job at Target, wait 60 days, put in an application and then go through the whole interview process with Radio Shack. I didn't know this at the time I put in my Target Mobile application.

I myself looked into this as well, however I was told 30 days, not 6 months or 60 days.

What most folks don't understand is that they (kiosk ppl) don't work for target they are making money for radio shack ... SO that is why u have to wait 6 months to get hired at radio shack's "target mobile " it's like the cleaning crew they work at the store but they are not hired by target nor get a check from target

hey all just wanted to know if any here had any experience or knowledge with this. The mobile kiosk at my store has a job opening, the only reason I know this is because I know the manager there. I haven't talked to her much about this but she said I the only ways I could work for her are to either quit target for 6 months(which I can't afford) or to convince an ETL in my store I'm guessing she means HR or the STL to allow me to transfer. I've heard that radio shack is behind these so do they work for radio shack or target? Also anyone know how the HR might react to this request/what do I do? It would be a good opportunity as it pays much more.

Thanks in advance.
This was the same practice when Kodak ran the Target photo desks. We had Kodak people that wanted to work store shifts and TMs wanting to work photo. Essentially they are separate companies and services. But the 6month deal is to prevent each service from stealing manpower from the other company.

It appears to vary slightly from store to store. My store manager is a ************ing ************, and his policy states that he won't let us get hired at Target Mobile unless we stop working at Target for /six months/ first. Basically, he did this because he would have lost all of his electronics TM's. Which he would have lost because he's a goddamn ********************* anyway. Kind of funny how this is self reinforcing.

Don't mince words, Darius. Tell us how you REALLY feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back