Archived ...and the Islamic fundementalist babies are on F24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember this whole debacle from a few years back? I was looking over the video files on my old phone and found the recordings of these babies. The dolls in question were programmed to play three different sound files. All three were supposed to be unintelligible baby sounds.

The third sound file wasn't. It clearly said "Islam is the light.."

We had a woman hold up in our toy section and refuse to leave until we pulled all the dolls.

Good times lol.

It clearly said "Islam is the light.."

No, it didn't. :angry:

It said "blah blah goo goo ga ga etc. etc.," but for people who WANTED it to say "Islam is the light" (or people who were EXPECTING it to say that because they had been told it did), well, wow! It did! Wouldn't you know...

:angry: :angry: :angry:

(I can TOTALLY get how people "hear" that phrase in the sounds, sure. Absolutely. But how anyone could possibly believe that it was actually intended to be words at all, much less those words, escapes my ability to comprehend.)

I remember having to pull them from the shelves. Does anyone else remember a couple of Halloweens ago we had toy parachute men that were pulled because of the color? The black ones were pulled because people complained about them but it was ok for the Orange ones to stay because Orange parachute men weren't offensive, but the black parachute men were.

[video=youtube;LnJfBtHHBec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=LnJfBtHHBec&NR=1[/video]

Well, I would assume it is actually saying that....

I remember having to pull them from the shelves. Does anyone else remember a couple of Halloweens ago we had toy parachute men that were pulled because of the color? The black ones were pulled because people complained about them but it was ok for the Orange ones to stay because Orange parachute men weren't offensive, but the black parachute men were.

They pulled the black ones because they were called 'spook jumpers'.
Which was the same reason they pulled some of the signage with the little black kids with spook over their heads.
Gotta love it when the ad folks are too young to have lived through the sixties.

Last edited:
The pulled the black ones because they were called 'spook jumpers'.
Which was the same reason they pulled some of the signage with the little black kids with spook over their heads.
Gotta love it when the ad folks are too young to have lived through the sixties.

Also the Easter signing with cranes hoisting up chocolate bunnies. By the throats.

Ya-know I wasn't gonna post anything about this - and went on to another forum - because it has
horse.gif
all over it ---

Then I thought about it for a while --

This dolls sound is no accident - weather it was some wise-ass's at the factory or not --

How would it get past their Q/C people and the management -- when the manufacturer sent a few to whatever child safety agency's for approval - those dolls said something different --- I don't think so !

The message is totally intentional --

Can of worms in 5 - 4 - 3 - -----

I can TOTALLY get how people "hear" that phrase in the sounds, sure. Absolutely. But how anyone could possibly believe that it was actually intended to be words at all, much less those words, escapes my ability to comprehend.)

OK - queue up the vid to 00:50 to 00:53 and play it to someone --- without telling them anything about the vid
rolleyes5.gif

Just ask them what they hear ---

While it's random, it IS audible from the rest of the baby babble.

i agree. the speech pattern and sound level is completely different from the other phrases. i remember playing with these and having lots of fun with it.
also the spooks signing. never noticed the cranes and bunnies though. and what was the little brown marshmallow looking guy that people were flipping over?

not to jack, but did you guys see the new 1spot merchandise that is street signs for dorms with different little phrases? im getting very tempted to put the epic fail one on our equipment cabinet and the "working hard" one on my stl's door (who NEVER leaves his office or even opens his door unless he's stuffing face, so he'll probably never even know it. if there's a code red, he's SOL.)

I can hear it, too, but I never understood why there was such a big fuss over it. You know those are the same people who would be cheering if that baby said "Jesus is the way!" Neither Christianity nor Islam should be considered too seriously for "the way to live your life."

OK - queue up the vid to 00:50 to 00:53 and play it to someone --- without telling them anything about the vid
rolleyes5.gif

Just ask them what they hear ---

rolleyes5.gif

I have. Many times. Every time, unless I prefaced it with "Do you hear words?," the reaction was "What was I supposed to hear?" Even when I did pre-condition them to be listening for words, it was only about 50-50 whether they'd hear it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back