And they wonder why everyone is behind in their areas and reshop is a warzone

Believe me, the moment that they can get away with replacing you with a robot, they absolutely 1000% will. Bad news for them is then there will be no where to cut.
I already have a store that uses robots to scan the shelves for stocking/inventory and most of their checkouts are SCO.

That’s what they said but as a person who does allocation for my store and has been covering for SDs in the district I have yet to see this extra payroll they spoke about.
It was sent in store communication that only goes to SDs, it was based off your incremental units and amount of days you were a power store. We had 4 days of around an extra 500-800 units and received 217 hours for it. It was just a generic excel sheet that came at the end of the week. It exists but depends on if it was communicated or not. If your store was making payroll already I can see your dsd holding onto that to give to someone else

I know what was communicated. I sit in those meetings and I’m given all SD communication. I been covering SD for the past 6 months for several stores in the district. My current store is a power store…no extra payroll. Admittedly our district finds a way to get things done so I can see why leaving it to us to just figure it out happens. My DSD isn’t happy about it.

Currently doing 2500 units in SFS and 4000 OPU units a day and that’s on the regular in a state (can’t name obviously) where foot traffic in stores is insane. I would love if this magical payroll fell. We basically have to come in and calculate how many support carts we can get from all other departments and make it happen that way. I’ve never seen it this bad before.

Believe me we were all excited when the payroll communication came out and was ultimately let down. Doing allocation I simply try to give payroll to schedule 110% planned hours daily for flex, give presentation hours, and inbound the hours to be successful. After that it’s about how we cut to pay for it all.

The district does well in all areas so I can see why they look at us and try to cut corners a bit because 9/10 we’ll find a way. However, in our SD meetings everyone is really tired of this expect more pay less mindset.

I seen August payroll…ridiculous. Expect no improvement over July.

To be fair the extra payroll was given, just depends how your store spent it

Extra payroll doesn't automatically translate to extra help. If people don't want to work extra or everyone's out with COVID there's only so much extra payroll can do.

I know what was communicated. I sit in those meetings and I’m given all SD communication. I been covering SD for the past 6 months for several stores in the district. My current store is a power store…no extra payroll. Admittedly our district finds a way to get things done so I can see why leaving it to us to just figure it out happens. My DSD isn’t happy about it.

Currently doing 2500 units in SFS and 4000 OPU units a day and that’s on the regular in a state (can’t name obviously) where foot traffic in stores is insane. I would love if this magical payroll fell. We basically have to come in and calculate how many support carts we can get from all other departments and make it happen that way. I’ve never seen it this bad before.

Believe me we were all excited when the payroll communication came out and was ultimately let down. Doing allocation I simply try to give payroll to schedule 110% planned hours daily for flex, give presentation hours, and inbound the hours to be successful. After that it’s about how we cut to pay for it all.

The district does well in all areas so I can see why they look at us and try to cut corners a bit because 9/10 we’ll find a way. However, in our SD meetings everyone is really tired of this expect more pay less mindset.

I seen August payroll…ridiculous. Expect no improvement over July.
This!

It was sent in store communication that only goes to SDs, it was based off your incremental units and amount of days you were a power store. We had 4 days of around an extra 500-800 units and received 217 hours for it. It was just a generic excel sheet that came at the end of the week. It exists but depends on if it was communicated or not. If your store was making payroll already I can see your dsd holding onto that to give to someone else
We were added for I think an extra 6 days of of being a power store with at least an extra 500 units a day and there was no extra payroll. I am in HR and I was pulled daily to support fulfillment and we were pulling from other areas to make sure these orders were pulled.

Give 110% but that’s all that can be asked if you
With all due respect, nah.

Store's not doing me any favors, I'm not breaking my neck when the reward is only more work. It's not going to make my raise any higher.

I work just enough to not get fired and you would think that would make people upset but they seem to see me as reliable 🤔 and I get all the hours I ask for. But I'm also front end so that might have something to do with it.

We got extra payroll for ours but communication was so last minute we could hardly use it to fill the hours. The ETL's and SD ended up staying way over and the TL's got overtime. TBF, I was already on overtime that week but got even more. We have a lot out with COVID and other sicknesses going around + people are so sick of everything they don't want to come in any extra. Mental health is too low.

We've been able to maintain our store until now but having lost a few on closings and opening we've had shifts go unfilled and it's causing at least the zone to fall behind. We get the calls for fulfilment as well and if you have only one in hardlines that night, well now you have none in hardlines. We really need some more pressure for new hires. Our regulars including me are getting worn out.

I have no words for the lack of payroll right now. I expect this stinginess during Q1 but not peak BTS season.

We had 6 call-offs in Fulfillment alone Saturday. 6 again yesterday. More than 1/3 of the team, and that's just one workcenter. Yet we are still somehow 700 hours to the bad and we can't replace any of these shifts.

Over 500 carryover units for SFS yesterday. OPU POT was 72%. Checkout lines were backed up to the carpet all day. And that was with our ETL-AP walking the floor and pulling every single GM, Style, and Food TM they saw either on a register or in an OPU. There are double-stacked bulk skids all over receiving because there is nobody to work freight, let alone anywhere to put it.

I have no words for the lack of payroll right now. I expect this stinginess during Q1 but not peak BTS season.

We had 6 call-offs in Fulfillment alone Saturday. 6 again yesterday. More than 1/3 of the team, and that's just one workcenter. Yet we are still somehow 700 hours to the bad and we can't replace any of these shifts.

Over 500 carryover units for SFS yesterday. OPU POT was 72%. Checkout lines were backed up to the carpet all day. And that was with our ETL-AP walking the floor and pulling every single GM, Style, and Food TM they saw either on a register or in an OPU. There are double-stacked bulk skids all over receiving because there is nobody to work freight, let alone anywhere to put it.
Been saying the misery era there isn’t gonna end, Cut hours is part of it. I don’t blame the people who been protesting calling out, They are tired of it. I did a little bit of that myself when I worked there but not too much because I needed the money.

Hours aren't an issue here, not due to extra payroll, but so many people are quitting and we're having trouble hiring. So the extra hours are nice, but we could use a lot of help. It's really bad, overwhelming, exhausting.

Back