Announcement

Anyone know about a structural announcement Monday? SD hinting about it but won't say, can't find any leaks anywhere about what it is. Could be blowing up something minor but just curious if anyone heard anything.

Even stores without sfs?
Yes. My store does not have SFS, and we are getting a fulfillment TL as it was announced today. Stores that do not have one will be getting one based on how well target did digital sales-wise last year. Also, the HR changes I was talking about in the other thread were officially confirmed, and I think are public knowledge at this point. The HR team lead position does not exist anymore, and will be replaced with an HR ETL and a couple of experts. There's no point in having an HR TL since the HR role is becoming too much of a business partner function so all stores that (for some reason) do not have an ETL-HR WILL be getting one.

Last edited:
Weird, mine is gaining neither but we already had those positions before.

Ours had a Fulfillment TL but they did hire another GM TL and it's rumored another TL is coming soon but who knows for sure. We NEED a Beauty TL desperately, it's so busy over there. It'd be smart (in my store, anyway) to get a new Style TL and have them mostly oversee Beauty instead while maintaining the God awful More Than Magic area in Style that we're forced to fill anyway. We also need a Tech TL that specifically stays their ass in Tech because DAMN.

At my store we have three Style TLs; one has Beauty and one has Tech in addition to our style departments. It's worked out pretty well.

ONE TL for style, tech, beauty is NOT enough.
Would be better if VM was again a TL - for style,
and a separate TL took beauty and tech.
We have one for all three as well, and yeah, they are stretched thin. Style absolutely needs its own TL, even at a low volume store like mine. There is a lot of work to do, and we could look SO much better than we do.

The most interaction we have with our lead is grid drop off that has our assignments for the day. And if we ever need them for escalation.

Back