Archived Any ETLs here? Question about position offers for TLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
I was recently signed off after my TL interview, and am on the bench at my store. A nearby store has called and asked if I would be willing to take a Flow/Key Carrier TL position at their store. Based on the current predicament, not only would jumping into the largest team in their store at the beginning of 4Q be a huge challenge, my lifestyle would most likely not permit a 3:30am to 12pm shift time while allowing me to feel decent.

My question to you: Would it be a problem for me to respectfully decline the position because it wouldn't be the right stepping stone for me as my first-ever TL position? I'm worried they might not offer me other position if I decline this one...

Not an ETL but you should go for it. Look at it this way, you're going into 4th quarter as flow tl, you can only improve things as things going relatively badly is expected.

Some reasons why I am hesitant:

1. They have turned over 2 Flow TLs in the past 6 months. I wonder if there's a problem.
2. Worried about being set up for failure - did some research on the store and there are problems with a LOT of the workcenters.
3. I'd be stuck in that position for 18 months. 3:30am shifts are rough, and I don't even live by myself. My family will be awake and lively while I *try* to sleep. Also, my significant other works 8 - 5s, and gets back about 630. I'd rarely see her as well. I wouldn't be the happiest of guys if I took this position.

All in all, I can get around the lifestyle restrictions, but I do not want to go fill a workcenter that is requires so much execution and responsibility as my first TL workcenter. the flow TL at my store told me that he wouldn't take it if it was his first position and that he still hasn't adapted to the shifts after 14 years.

At my store. They are big on the right time for the right person for the right job (or something like that). I doubt they want to set you up to fail, but it sounds like that this is not the right fit for you. I would say hold off.

At my store. They are big on the right time for the right person for the right job (or something like that). I doubt they want to set you up to fail, but it sounds like that this is not the right fit for you. I would say hold off.

This is why I turned down my offer the other day. They offered me Food Ave TL and right now I am a PA. Our previous 2 FA TLs only lasted a few month and both hated it. FA TL and GSTL are the 2 positions I absolutely do not want to do and would be a terrible fit at. I also have no desire, passion, or enthusiasm about those 2 areas haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back