Archived Any tips for a flow team member to do their job faster and more efficiently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that gets things done faster (aside from just stocking things randomly on the shelves. I've seen some TM's do this...) . Is there a chance for a new-ish TM to go into the backroom instead of flow? I've worked at my store for about 4 1/2 months and the whole flow process, truck unloading is starting to interfere with school. Backroom just seems a lot less hectic.

With school coming up, it is suggested to go to the back room. Your flow tl should be taking care of the slow tm's.

Well class started in January for me, been dealing with it since then. HOPEFULLY they consider it.

Clock in check your schedule for 5 minutes, stand in the break room, go to the bathroom, then wander to the line and sit on a stack of pallets, or is that just our flow team

Not just your flow team but its not necessarily your flow teams fault. I know it's their job to care about but they act like this because they can. They are getting away with it right?

My store had this problem and still does to a minor degree. It has been mostly resolved by leadership stepping up to their role, leading. TLs no matter what department they covered started verbally questioning what a team member was doing, why they were sitting and where they should be.

If someone can get paid for doing nothing they are going to do nothing for as long as possible.

Anything that gets things done faster (aside from just stocking things randomly on the shelves. I've seen some TM's do this...) . Is there a chance for a new-ish TM to go into the backroom instead of flow? I've worked at my store for about 4 1/2 months and the whole flow process, truck unloading is starting to interfere with school. Backroom just seems a lot less hectic.

backroom can be pretty crazy too, but its alot better than flow in my opinion

when i was on flow, i was a pacesetter, which meens i have to "encourage and push" people to get their job done fast. the rule i came up with was no more than 30 seconds a box, which meens open the box and stock it, put your backstock away in less than 30 seconds... it worked pretty well for me and others began to do it... even my ETL log says thats the new rule for the flow team and they will tell them that everyday. the only reason why i had to push people was because i used to be the cardboard person and i used to get on them for not being done with an aisle.

my flow team was a joke, all they did was f**k around and what not. they just have to have the drive to finish on time, which unfortunately alot of people lack

Heh, I guess I'm not the only one stuck with a team of lazy idiots. My issue is being the 'maid' of the team. No one picks up after themselves. They leave carts of cardboard everywhere and backstock just sitting on the ground, or not properly putting their backstock in repacks on pallets. And not one of them can talk and move at the same time. Too much to do at once, I suppose.

Sometimes I wonder where Target finds these people.

Sometimes I wonder where Target finds these people.

Hah! I've had the same thought, then I realized that the world is full of these people and Target is just a microcosm that makes them easier to spot. (No "spot" pun intended).

Really, who leaves several carts side-by-side to block off a main aisle, a pile of trash and backstock on the floor in front of the carts, and then goes on break? Dozens of people are walking around this mess and taking alternate routes and I'm the only one who thinks of clearing a path - it used to be frustrating, but I've learned to find it hilarious. Being able to laugh at the stupid things people do rather than be frustrated has made all the difference to me working at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back