Archived Anyone else is there's Job "Superhero"?

Are you stretched to thin at work?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Any thinner, and I'd be a "Rubberband"!

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Title pretty much says it all. Not that I don't mind helping everyone because I enjoy helping people. It's just that what's the point of having all these people working if only 2 or 3 ACTUALLY work??!!

I am the go-to person for any SFS question, and also for a lot of backroom questions now that we don't really have much of a backroom team left.

I wouldn't say it stretches me too thin though. As long as I have time, I don't mind helping people out.

I'd rather have people ask questions until they get it right, instead of guessing and screwing up.

I'm called "all day Qmosqueen ". Like the energizer bunny keeps on going and never stops. I get it all done and then some. Today I did 3 pallets of FDC truck then separated 2 more onto uboats then pushed vendor milk. Never stop is my motto.

Yes. Apparently cashiers no longer exist and essentials or whoever deals w that. Just saw a public service poster about Spot's magnanimous offer to cut power usage for the good of the community. Let's not kid ourselves Target Is In Trouble.

Reactions: Him
Actually, our store has been doing that for years.
During summer months' peak times, we reduce light/AC usage by a fraction as part of a city initiative. It goes for about 2 hours in the early afternoon.

We do that too, but that's because our area grew way too quickly for infrastructure to keep up. We've had a brown-out once or twice.

Actually, our store has been doing that for years.
During summer months' peak times, we reduce light/AC usage by a fraction as part of a city initiative. It goes for about 2 hours in the early afternoon.
We just started that in Chicago, a couple years ago 2 power plants got shut down, and this is the first hot summer since. On the plus side the dim lights are great for warding off migraines.

I show up and do what I'm supposed to do, help out when I can.

A-are rubberbands known for being really thin?

Reactions: Him
Ah yea the good old humble brag thread. I hate to say it but there are an awful lot of team members who work hard, go above and beyond and are known for being amazing but they never get anything out of it.

I think when you are that knowledgeable, you ought to use it in your favor in one way or another. If its not getting in the pipeline to promote perhaps its preferential scheduling. We give our cashier's all equal hours but our trainer gets the first call for open shifts, and we generally give them as set a schedule as possible.

You should never let the company use you without getting something out of it yourself.

Last edited:
My girlfriend certainly is, she's constantly being forced to cover for slackers on her shifts and expected to do just about everything by the higher-ups. She refers to it as them putting her in 'Superwoman' mode at least once every other week. :)

Man... If this thread doesn't speak truth haha. I'm the closing backroom lead. While I need to run the backroom, i'm still keeping on top of unloading the trucks, SFS, MyFA, E2E process, and, HR. No matter which department I'm truly scheduled for, I still manage to involve myself in all these departments. I remember I was strictly scheduled for HR and not even 10 minutes after the truck team clocked in, I found myself unloading the trucks.

Backroom at my store are the super heros. We do a ton and are called to help out everywhere. Pretty much only thing we don't do is anything on registers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back