Archived Anyone joining the "crazies" on Black Friday(Thursday) to shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone is going to join the "crazies" on Black Friday (Thursday) to do some shopping?

I am getting up dark and early on Thursday to try and buy an iPad Mini on Target.com for my mom. By then I should have over a $200 in gift cards (given to me at work - $30, from Shopkicks - at 31,000 kicks - $124 , and MyPoints.com - at 8,000 points - $50). If that does not work I may be in the line, as I don't have work until 6am on Black Friday. I am supposed to work the camera boat, as they are expecting a second wave of shoppers then.

Heard Walmart has a better deal with a $100 gift card, rather than $75 card at Target. Of course can't use my Target Gift Cards there and I also don't get my 10% team member discount. I will then use my free gift card with purchase to buy a case and of course mess up our AAR. Using dollars with e-rewards.com to get a iTunes code.

The first day of Hanukkah is Thanksgiving this year so there is really no point.

And I wouldn't go out on a bet anyway.

The first day of Hanukkah is Thanksgiving this year so there is really no point.

And I wouldn't go out on a bet anyway.
And my birthday... which means my boyfriend is in "trouble" for not spending it with his family 5 hours away. I feel really really bad.... especially when he said if he did Thanksgiving with us, he then was going to have to do Hanukkah with his family. I asked him how he was going to pull that off... LOL!! (and he missed Passover with them for a weather related issue that somewhat was my fault... it wasn't my fault I'd never driven in the snow)

Now to figure out how to get my mom to cook Kosher for Thanksgiving. I have a feeling I'm cooking stuff here and taking it there for him.

He is the big BF shopper though, so I tag along. And complain that I'm not a night person and need a nap! :D

My thoughts on Black Thursday? See: Tracy Morgan below.

I don't know when I'm working - I haven't seen the schedule yet.

Last edited:
I don't presently know my schedule yet, but the chances are somewhat low. I shopped at opening last year to take advantage of a misprint in our ad, but otherwise I wouldn't have. Granted, at that time of night, if I'm not working, I'll be heading home from my parents most likely so there is a chance I could swing by somewhere and try my luck at something.

They don't have our schedule up yet. I don't care about Black Thursday/Friday as much, but I need to know the rest of the week! Argh!

hell NO they are lame sales and is the only way for Target to make money buy bringing in cheap electronics.

969230_10200751496019251_1130135661_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back