Archived Anyone other males get wierd looks when pulling thongs for flexe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're like what we get at my SB counter, they're hardly recipients of the brain trust.

Surprisingly I have heard no "complaints" when myself and my male POG TL do POGs and revisions in intimates all day long.

Dang, where do some of you guys live where a guest would complain about such a silly thing? On in stocks I would spend 4-6 hours in one day in intimates once a week and never heard anything negative. Seldom a joke here or there, but never anything from a voice of concern.

Why anything of that nature is embarrassing is beyond me. Trudging into the TMI, I've accepted in depth help at adult shops for ... let's call it "romantic aides" from sales staff. If you're in a business, it's clear you are interested in whatever you are seriously browsing for, the people working there aren't waiting holding their breath for someone to stumble in and be judged.

Dang, where do some of you guys live where a guest would complain about such a silly thing? On in stocks I would spend 4-6 hours in one day in intimates once a week and never heard anything negative. Seldom a joke here or there, but never anything from a voice of concern.

Why anything of that nature is embarrassing is beyond me. Trudging into the TMI, I've accepted in depth help at adult shops for ... let's call it "romantic aides" from sales staff. If you're in a business, it's clear you are interested in whatever you are seriously browsing for, the people working there aren't waiting holding their breath for someone to stumble in and be judged.

I live in a fairly upper-middle class area with lots of pretentious and preppy families. At least 60% of our store's weekday traffic is made up of pretentious stay at home yoga moms, so we already get judged for being lowly retail slaves. Let alone if you're a male picking an item in intimates.

Yeah my store is in a fairly conservative southern place where everyone is still bitching about The Great Target Bathroom Tragedy. I think the guys who do flex feel more comfortable if I help them with that stuff since it cuts down on the glares. Aside from the fact that one of them despises anything to do with softlines

I haven't gotten looks for zoning tampons, but I try to avoid intimates like the plague. I don't want to deal with the judgment. That said, I personally don't really feel awkward around any items in the store anymore, but I know I would be out of place in that area.

I haven't gotten looks for zoning tampons, but I try to avoid intimates like the plague. I don't want to deal with the judgment. That said, I personally don't really feel awkward around any items in the store anymore, but I know I would be out of place in that area.

Just tell them you are looking for new "tucking panties" and let them figure it out.. ;)

Seriously though, I help any of guys pulling flex orders in softlines, some of them have a clue and others are just helpless. Infants I find is where most of them have the biggest issues. So much crammed into such a small space.

Just tell them you are looking for new "tucking panties" and let them figure it out.. ;)

Seriously though, I help any of guys pulling flex orders in softlines, some of them have a clue and others are just helpless. Infants I find is where most of them have the biggest issues. So much crammed into such a small space.

What's funny is that in my store, Infants is usually the easiest since it's a smaller area. I struggle with Ready to Wear and Performance, mainly. Been getting better at picking in Ready to Wear, but Performance is always awful. It's not like it's a huge area, but every single pair of running pants looks the fucking same in the pictures, nothing is zoned properly because every pant looks the same so everything is in the wrong place, it's just awful. And god help you if there is a particular sports bra with a weird lattice design strap that just doesn't seem to exist.

What's funny is that in my store, Infants is usually the easiest since it's a smaller area. I struggle with Ready to Wear and Performance, mainly. Been getting better at picking in Ready to Wear, but Performance is always awful. It's not like it's a huge area, but every single pair of running pants looks the fucking same in the pictures, nothing is zoned properly because every pant looks the same so everything is in the wrong place, it's just awful. And god help you if there is a particular sports bra with a weird lattice design strap that just doesn't seem to exist.

Performance is our infants. Three different things on the same arm of the fixture. Crammed is a good word for it. Performance has room, so once you get into sports bras you can sort without dumping it all on the floor if you breathe on it. Ready to wear there are a lot of us who shop it enough to be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back