Archived Anything I can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work in a food department (I work at a super target) and I have good relations with all of the food ETLs and all the TL food side. And I always get TL work or work that takes someone with a brain todo it. For such a department is there like a role titled TL assistant or anything like that because out of sveryone in my department I am always trusted and tasked with harder work and when my TL isn't there people think I am the supervisor and always ask me what to do and what they should do. I don't know if this makes sense but is there someone more I can (as I can't be a TL)

So I work in a food department (I work at a super target) and I have good relations with all of the food ETLs and all the TL food side. And I always get TL work or work that takes someone with a brain todo it. For such a department is there like a role titled TL assistant or anything like that because out of sveryone in my department I am always trusted and tasked with harder work and when my TL isn't there people think I am the supervisor and always ask me what to do and what they should do. I don't know if this makes sense but is there someone more I can (as I can't be a TL)
So supers have perishables assistants?

Sadly stores don't care if everyone in the store thinks you are the food tl, it won't help you get the promotion you desire and rightly deserve. I've been skipped once and the last time the position was not opened to anyone except the person they put into it. I an the go to person for my area, I do know more than the other PAs and the ctl and the etl.

One issue with this is I am a minor so from what I heard minors can't be a TL as they must work full time

Our super has a PA who is being benched for TL. The chance of him being a food side TL is quite slim, so he will probably have to promote into another department, if and when that promotion happens.

can anyone confirm if minors can't be a TL? Or should I just ask to do some TL work when I see my TL I feel I can handle the work even if it might seem hard as I am up for any challenge as I often do bulk of my departments work anyways (ordering, putting load away, and getting product out) as I know there is more I can do

It depends on if you are operating equipment. You must be 18. There is a member who is a gstl before he was 18,

I'm a PA at a super. Essentially it doesn't change much of what you already do. It gives you a pay bump and more responsibility, like revisions and pogs. All stores are not the same, though. I'm told that as a PA, you're likely being developed for leadership. Though they call me food assistant, last I saw, the title was perishables assistant, as I'm not just in food services, but in market as well.

So you don't touch a slicer, pallet jack, or a oven?

I'm not in deli so no, Minors ARE allowed to work in FA believe it or not as i am cross trained there. and I have used a pallet Jack many of times and nobody has said a thing about it. otherwise my department has no actual equipment that we use/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back