Archived Anyway to take % off of a price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you can give discounts and stuff, but can you do so using percentages? Like, say a customer wants 25% off a $17 dollar item. I try to use the percentage key on the keyboard, but it doesn't do anything. I usually just whip out my phone to do it, but that seems unprofessional.

Once you hit Change Amount and you're at the screen where you punch the new price and the appropriate reason, push the down arrow key once and type the percent off, then hit the appropriate reason key. I've done this to give 5% damage discounts or make items BOGO50% by knocking two down by 25%

Thanks! I'm gonna try this out next time I need to. :)

@arc125 - you are a cashier and don't know that? Either your store needs to train cashiers better, or your store doesn't want every cashier/backup to know how so that they can keep a handle on who is doing price changes. If that is the case, check with your gstl before doing it. Doing things like that used to be red flags on reports. If you are doing them a lot. You may be getting a coaching. So ask gstl first to see if it's ok to do.

I actually get asked that question a lot at work, though I think it's usually by people responding to backup. Still a training issue though perhaps unless it is something they are being shown how to do, but aren't actually doing frequently enough to remember.

I once made a purchase and forget to use my discount card...realized as soon as I walked away from the register. So I went directly to the service dsk to get an adjustment. The team member looked at me and said well How do I know how much to give you bac? I told her it would 10% of the total...she kept saying well I don't know how much to give you back...so I had to take the receipt look at it and tell her. Thank God I wasn't dishonest.

Err, missed discount or wrong payment are the way to go for missed TM discount, not missed coupon.

@arc125 - you are a cashier and don't know that? Either your store needs to train cashiers better, or your store doesn't want every cashier/backup to know how so that they can keep a handle on who is doing price changes. If that is the case, check with your gstl before doing it. Doing things like that used to be red flags on reports. If you are doing them a lot. You may be getting a coaching. So ask gstl first to see if it's ok to do.
I received little training when I got hired. Just learned the key functions and how to bag stuff nicely. They just pushed selling REDcards down my throat.

I once made a purchase and forget to use my discount card...realized as soon as I walked away from the register. So I went directly to the service dsk to get an adjustment. The team member looked at me and said well How do I know how much to give you bac? I told her it would 10% of the total...she kept saying well I don't know how much to give you back...so I had to take the receipt look at it and tell her. Thank God I wasn't dishonest.
They need to rec out a calculator for guest services if the tm's over there don't know how to figure out percentage. That is a daily occurrence over there. I rec'd out 1.00 calculators for guest service desk and asked if they needed help in learning how to use them. (that's for the night ladies - the day ladies teach me things every day.)

They need to rec out a calculator for guest services if the tm's over there don't know how to figure out percentage. That is a daily occurrence over there. I rec'd out 1.00 calculators for guest service desk and asked if they needed help in learning how to use them. (that's for the night ladies - the day ladies teach me things every day.)

If you had to requisition a calculator because that's a daily occurrence at your store and you all are doing missed coupons instead of missed TM discount which does the math for you, I would be willing to bet ap has an open case on that. Because that's hella fishy.

Retail girl. I'm talking about the ladies at night not knowing how to do math at all.. I would have told them to use the calculators on their phones but then we would have them texting all the time and pretending they were using the calculators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back