Archived AP Zone reports/Store Price change

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Gurus will probably know this answer. Currently there is someone logging into the Signing room PC (we are guessing) and changing prices of current store items, not under the TPC program that P-fresh uses, but actually changes it in the host. And when I say changing prices I mean there are probably at least 100 things in the list. We thought we would look it up by the username (the 5 character/number) of who could be changing them. But almost all the logins were used, even mine. Of course the easy fix is for all of us (LOD's/PTL/PATL) to change our logins and or passwords, but obviously the ETL-AP wants to catch them. The problem is that we cannot find a way to capture them in the act, or even know who it is. She looked all around on AP zone and could only find reports for TM discount tied to price changes when someone "repackages" an item, but not items that were changed outside of the PDA. I called Client Support and they said they would have no knowledge since it was changed in the stores host. Is there any type of report anywhere that will show the time or can tie a TM discount to a store changed item? Please specify if its a store report or in AP zone. PM me if needed.

The problem is that there is a common login to access all store apps on the signing PC. Everyone that needs access to more than basic signing and label at my store uses the same login credentials.

The problem is that there is a common login to access all store apps on the signing PC. Everyone that needs access to more than basic signing and label at my store uses the same login credentials.

Yeah at our store all of the team members use a common sign in and password that only goes to signs/labels/PA, but there are 9 of us that have our own sign in and have access to the store price management option. But its sooooooo weird that the changed price logins are from all of us. And there are several entries per separate login. It has really confused all of us.

You're all changing prices and lying to each other about it!!!

Honestly, not sure how you could actually tell. There would have to be a report that shows when price changes happen, and then you just have to check cameras to see who's consistently heading to the signing room at that time. Not sure if any report like that, but that would be a way to figure it out.

You're all changing prices and lying to each other about it!!!

Honestly, not sure how you could actually tell. There would have to be a report that shows when price changes happen, and then you just have to check cameras to see who's consistently heading to the signing room at that time. Not sure if any report like that, but that would be a way to figure it out.

LOL Yeah we did joke about that. We thought it would tell us the time on the "Store Price Management" menu but it just posted the date. :( Oh well, hopefully somebody on here has had somewhat of this issue before and knows the secrets of how to do it.

Partner with your ETL-AP to set up a covert camera in the signing room and they can review video and hopefully nab that person.

Store apps is one of those things that continues to baffle me. I find it hard to believe that in 2014 we are still sharing login info for this system.

What we did on the common login on the signing computer is removed the option to access that UPC menu.

covert in signing room. find something that 'trends to be changed' and make some sort of 'check if that has been changed' list, like a bastardized pi-log.

What I would do and this would take some time, but print out the list of items that have had their prices changed and make sure to get the DPCI for each of them if it isn't on this list. Then go to iPOS and look up transactions involving those DPCIs to see if any team member discount is being used to purchase those items. If you see one team member discount repeatedly appearing then you probably have your culprit. However, if the person is smart (which they seem to be) they may not use it, so you could just look to see if any of those DPCIs were purchased in the same transaction and then review camera footage.

Agree on the covert, and make sure everyone logs out when they are done using the signing room PC. Problem is when, you tell everyone they have to log out, you might be tipping off your culprit.

If it shows the date every time a price is changed, look at who has been working on those days. Eliminate people who were off on days there was a price change. It would probably narrow down your list of suspects

My LOD-AP went in and changed all the logins. Everyone had access to the UPC maintenance because everyone was sharing passwords (writing them on the walls/cabinets in the backroom. Now only Pricing and Leadership/TLS have access to it. Theres a way to delete the functions for certain logins in the computer.. your AP LOD should be able to do it.. They might just have to ask around to other APs if they arent sure how. You might just have to delete all current logins and create new ones with limitations. Search about doing that. As far as finding who is doing it.. you might be out of luck unless you place a camera in the room.. but at least deleting the function will stop it in its tracks.

I think you're better off letting them do it until you can catch them and then changing the log in stuff. If you stop this, they will just move on to something else.

Thank you all for your responses. The stores common login still does not have access to the price management menu. Whoever it is continues to use all of our logins that have access to it. How they got all of our logins? I have no idea because even in the utility menu where you can add/delete users, it doesn't show passwords. Very weird but @Dr Laytex our etl-ap is going to spend some time cross referencing like you mentioned. We might eventually find out who's doing it!

So, I will say that there is a way to review the changes made to pricing on the signing and label PC, what was changed, and when. I believe HQ Logs in routinely to query legitimate price changes being made for rapid response pricing which they can determine whether to automatically adjust at other stores, Another legitimate reason would be the Comp Shop, you'll actually notice some of those account if you look at the user database usually something like HQ001.

I will look specifically how, but I believe I was reading about this in the guide for setting up and rolling out new store locations.

Incidentally, as part of "ProjectOne" all TM's who use Store apps were supposed to get new and unique login's.

--Let ya know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back