Archived Apple Pay & Chip and PIN coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple pay is most likely NOT going to be supported at target, CurrenC seems to be the contactless payment of choice of both Target AND walmart, as well as other places like sears (they are also supported in the beta app).

2 main methods are used for securing the app and payments, #1 every single time you open the app, you need to put in a 4 digit code, and #2 the 3d barcode used changes each time, so even copied it will do no good.

Also lock your phone.

I've been using it and it works quite well. I haven't seen the register side and apparently some prompts come up. It does work fine if they scan it on the item scan screen which is good cause cashiers are always expecting to scan in my discount card first.

I highly doubt that Target, having such a big partnership with Apple (not to mention using all of their devices for the MyDevice program), won't go the Apple pay route.

The VeriFone MX925 readers that Target has at all (if not most) of their stores are capable of it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt that Target, having such a big partnership with Apple (not to mention using all of their devices for the MyDevice program), won't go the Apple pay route.

The VeriFone MX925 readers that Target has at all (if not most) of their stores are capable of it anyway.

It'll most likely happen, especially since iOS 9 is going to start supporting store cards and rewards programs.
http://recode.net/2015/05/27/target-ceo-loves-apple-pay-but-wants-chip-and-pin-cards-first/

Apple pay pin and chip seems just like the government tracking you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back