Archived Apple Pay & Chip and PIN coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, and hopefully by then iOS 9 will support rewards programs like Cartwheel and TM numbers. I know Best Buy announced they would support Apple Pay who was a big CurrentC member. I could see both Apple Pay and CurrentC co-existing.

Sweet, and hopefully by then iOS 9 will support rewards programs like Cartwheel and TM numbers. I know Best Buy announced they would support Apple Pay who was a big CurrentC member. I could see both Apple Pay and CurrentC co-existing.
not that I know anything about such arcane matters but… that's never stopped me before. I doubt CurrentC has much of any future beyond some niche market. you might be able to say that CurrentC is the Zune up against the iPod. I could be wrong and five years from now some thing else possible CurrentC or some iteration thereof is on top but doubtful.

CurrentC allows you to combine your team member discount and cartwheel under one code.

Cool, I love Apple Pay. Can't wait until all the stores I go to support contactless payments. Then I could leave my credit card at home without the risk of someone stealing it.

Last edited:
Cool, I love Apple Pay. Can't wait until all the stores I go to support contactless payments. Then I could leave my credit card at home without the risk of someone stealing it.

What happens if someone steals your phone?

In order to use Apple Pay, Touch ID is required. If the thieves don't have your finger print, the payment system can't be activated, nor can the phone be unlocked. Payment information is encrypted in a secure element, rendering it useless without the encryption key that is the finger print. This only applies to iPhones, though.

I have an android without a fingerprint reader (though the api for fingerprint in android pay/google wallet is new anyway so no phone uses it yet) but you'd need my google wallet pin but also I can deactivate everything remotely. But I'm not actually worried about card theft. I never have to be the one who pays it.

I like mobile payments for backup. I left my wallet in a different purse one day (I switch purses too often) and had to eat from Starbucks because I had money in the app lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I like mobile payments for backup. I left my wallet in a different purse one day (I switch purses too often) and had to eat from Starbucks because I had money in the app lol
We take Apple Pay at my other job and customers who forgot their wallet are among the more frequent users. They are definitely the happiest users.

Apple pay is most likely NOT going to be supported at target, CurrenC seems to be the contactless payment of choice of both Target AND walmart, as well as other places like sears (they are also supported in the beta app).

2 main methods are used for securing the app and payments, #1 every single time you open the app, you need to put in a 4 digit code, and #2 the 3d barcode used changes each time, so even copied it will do no good.

Also lock your phone.

I've been using it and it works quite well. I haven't seen the register side and apparently some prompts come up. It does work fine if they scan it on the item scan screen which is good cause cashiers are always expecting to scan in my discount card first.

It looks as though Target is going to accept both like Best Buy. Read the news links of Target officials saying they will turn on Apple Pay after they turn on Chip & PIN, and CurrentC. CurrentC will definitely be useful for discount cards and cartwheel no doubt, but for the rest, Apple Pay will be great.

My store put some flyers up in TSC for tms to sign up for currentc to test it out. We now have mobile payments as an option on the payment screen. I signed up, just waiting for my confirmation email.

In order to use Apple Pay, Touch ID is required. If the thieves don't have your finger print, the payment system can't be activated, nor can the phone be unlocked. Payment information is encrypted in a secure element, rendering it useless without the encryption key that is the finger print. This only applies to iPhones, though.
And for Apple Watch, it uses skin contact to authenticate. If you remove the watch from your wrist, it'll ask for a 4 digit passcode if you try to put it back on.

My store put some flyers up in TSC for tms to sign up for currentc to test it out. We now have mobile payments as an option on the payment screen. I signed up, just waiting for my confirmation email.
Same, my ETL said she got the confirmation email instantly but she thinks it's because she has a .target email address.

Yea, we have the flyers up, too, but I keep forgetting to take down the link lol, so I haven't signed up. The whole one barcode for everything idea is what convinced me to even give it a shot.

Regarding the CurrentC app, the only TMs that have been able to get it to work are those with a target.com email address. Otherwise the invitation / confirmation link is not being received by people who try.

Regarding the CurrentC app, the only TMs that have been able to get it to work are those with a target.com email address. Otherwise the invitation / confirmation link is not being received by people who try.
Actually, I just set it up this morning. It's pretty cool. Took a couple days to get the email.

Actually, I just set it up this morning. It's pretty cool. Took a couple days to get the email.

It is, I did it last night. It looks like the email is only instant if you have a corporate email. Hopefully they get it sent out quicker for everyone who does not have a company email address.

I thought the URL on the flyer was supposed to get you in faster.

Yeah, my confirmation email took a couple of days too. I went to the website the flyer said. I've used it a couple times now and it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Ours went live yesterday. I didn't work yesterday so it'll be interesting to hear how things went when I go in tonight.

Ours went live yesterday. I didn't work yesterday so it'll be interesting to hear how things went when I go in tonight.

The first day it was slow, but I have been using it to pay for my lunches and stuff. You just hit total first, and then scan the barcode. The card reader will only ask the cash back and all on this card question and then my phone dings once it goes through. Way better than scanning three different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back