Archived Applying for jobs within?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I know when positions become available in my store? Over the past couple of weeks a few people have moved up or switched positions and I had no idea the opportunity was even out there. Is it something I have to check through eHR?

It should be posted in TSC with all The available spots open but I can tell you from my experience some positions won't be listed. I've read in other threads just like this one that it seems like the bosses already have someone in mind and don't bother posting the position; which could be why you never hear of positions and the next day you go into work someone has moved up! But to be honest who knows! Target works in mysterious ways. My advice to you would be to do the best you're doing and if there is a workcenter you're interested in and want to move up, it doesn't hurt to let the TLs or ETL of said workcenter know. If a opportunity arises, they will know of your interest. You can apply for positions through eHR, I don't believe they're listed so you have to check through each workcenter. You have the right to apply but before doing so, the application will tell you to talk to your current ETL and HR before doing so. A heads up doesn't hurt and disregard their ill-wishes if they prefer you not applying, it's your decision!

Thanks!
I've only been there since May but starting to think about possibly moving to a different workcenter...I'm not sure.
Anyway, do they just put them up like on the breakroom door or by the time clock, or should there be a designated spot where the notice would be posted? Just curious because I've never seen (or I should say noticed) anything up.

Thanks!
I've only been there since May but starting to think about possibly moving to a different workcenter...I'm not sure.
Anyway, do they just put them up like on the breakroom door or by the time clock, or should there be a designated spot where the notice would be posted? Just curious because I've never seen (or I should say noticed) anything up.

It's only available on eHR. But like latexlove said...promotions...if you don't know about the job, and you haven't been approached for it, good luck. The people who go through the interviews for the positions are already picked by the TL/ETL and it's just a formality (happened to me). Or they know something is coming up, so they let the intended person know about the job, before it's posted, so that they can get a headstart, before they have multiple people applying for the position (i.e. the 24-hour posting).

But best way to move up? Do what Latexlove said. Work hard, communicate with ETLs/TLs about moving up. Work on leadership expectations.

If you're looking to move to a different workcenter...ask to be cross-trained.

What about the process for switching work centers...and how would I make sure that I'm not going to take a pay cut? I'm an electronics TM right now and I found out through the targetpayandbenefits.com(or whatever it is) that I'm N07 pay, I make $9.00/hr, but the PDF I found here on the forums says that an Elec TM is only N03?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back