Archived applying for "Sales Floor team member" as a flow t member

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi .

i am a flow team member , have been at target for 9 months no and it seems that for some reason they are keeping my hours at an average of 25-26 hours /week .

there is an opening for "sales floor team member" , but the job description is vague.
- what do sales floor members do ? at my store i see them stock items it does seems they do much.

-the reason i am thinking to apply is i need more hours 35-40 m do you guys this is a good idea? will they allow me to be a flow and sales floor member?

also i am not register trained and have no interest in working as a cashier , but i have some experience in the backroom

This thread is a good idea of what you'll be doing on the sales floor if you'll be in Hardlines: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/hardlines.22/

If you're in Softlines, read this: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/softlines.25/

Basically, you'll be helping guests throughout the day, responding to backup calls to the front lanes, doing reshop, pushing the CAFs to the floor, and zoning.

Since you already have some Backroom experience under your belt, the next logical step would be to ask to get trained in Backroom day. From there, if you're still interested in the sales floor, you can get trained in instocks.

Last edited:
The pay grade is less as a sales floor. Best thing to get more hours is cross train in different departments. Partner with your department TL, if that doesn't work partner with different department TLS. Then if all else fails, partner with ETL HR.

If you really don't want to cashier, getting hours as salesfloor is probably one of the last areas you'd look for hours in. I'd try and get into the backroom since you've got some experience there already.

☝☝ sadly but it's true reason why Target don't want schedule anyone over 30 hours due to benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back