Archived Applying for TL positions at other stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
What's a good way to improve chances of getting interviewed for TL positions at other stores in my area? This one store keeps listing "Sales Floor Team Lead" positions on careers.target.com (they have like five listings now) and they're fairly recent so I'm assuming they're still open. I know to apply on eHR, but is there a way to follow up from there? Should I speak with the ETL-Sales Floor at the other store?

Hardlinesmaster is right - you must be blessed. Reason? The new store will wonder why your current store doesn't want you as a TL or on their bench - regardless of having no openings at current store. Stupid, I know.

I was promoted to a different store in my district, before i up and quit right away (lol.)
Talk to your ETL, ask them if they can help you reach out to other stores in your district to see if there's anything open. In most of those situations, from what my old STL and ETL-HR said, they'll know who's getting promoted to what, before any paperwork is actually filed.

I interviewed with the other store's STL, met the ETL-HR & my direct supervisor ETL, and had the job with an agreed wage before I even filled out the internal application.

From @Forhyre previous thread, it seems the ETL isn't helpful. @paidtosmile was blessed by the ETL - which can be useful when seeking a TL position at another store.

Some ETLs love to help promote their TMs, others are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back