Are stores getting their brown wooden panels/facade back?

Curious if stores have been getting their brown wooden panels back that were taken down 6 months or so ago or are they getting a different design? Our store looks crappy with just a banner.

No I meant the panels on the exterior of the entrance.
My store ended up just getting the bricks painted, doubt they’ll spend the money to reinstall them with all the new fancy remodels they’ve got planned.

They removed them because they were falling the building in some places. Water would get behind it, freeze, expand, and push the panels off. My store just has it painted now, but they haven't put the 'grocery' and 'expect more pay less' signs back up yet.

No, company directive was to remove them all. Our store got the same "grid" backing that's behind our center Target lettering to replace them, except it's painted grey and not red.

I don't know what Target is planning to do... I know they won't put that faux wood back but they need to replace it with something.. The small white banner on the front of the store is not a very permanent sign.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that they were going to fix the wooden panels and at some point and put it back up. I've seen some stores with just banners and ugly poop color or random colors in the background. Not very brand Target!

They first removed the old wood paneling and have started to fix up the brick, but were taking their sweet time. Apparently HQ lit a fire under their ass cause we are starting our fulfillment remodel soon and need space in the parking lot. But so far they have filled and painted the holes in the brick, then put up new trim around the faux window and light fixture by the entrances. As far as the sign itself, there is still scaffolding up so you can’t tell exactly what is going up.

Our paneling was replaced with stucco. They added some groves and 2 tone paint to replace the 2 tone bullseye that we had.

Ours is still a banner. I guess the landlord was PISSED because they painted the whole building to match our paint choices and then when the sign came down we couldn’t source matching paint.

Back