Archived Are there any rules for time off request besides blackout and someone already requested that day off

Status
Not open for further replies.
because this is what i got today as a responds. "At this time we are only approving one weekend off a month. If you let team leader know, she will try to make it work but to be fair to other TMs we can only allow one weekend a month."

Your best bet is to use mytime self-service and ask for those days off, depending on your store your ETL usually has to approve it but your HR can help. I know people who get every Sunday off (Seahawks ticket holders) by putting in the request on MyTime and having HR pester the ETL to deny/accept the time off. Many ETL's don't want to deal with it and say just approve it.

Swap shift is good, but call outs can be troublesome.

Yeah that's specific to your store. We have a few TMs who request off every weekend, so I can see how that policy would be necessary. Just talk to your TL and they'll probably allow it if you have a good reason besides not wanting to work.

I never had a isue with the previous boss. It would get aprrove. But the sad part is everybody on the team is on a roration but me. So if put one in it's a big issue

Yeah that's specific to your store. We have a few TMs who request off every weekend, so I can see how that policy would be necessary. Just talk to your TL and they'll probably allow it if you have a good reason besides not wanting to work.
Sounds like a lot of TMs were abusing time off reqs.
We have a lot who simply call out on weekends so I was always guaranteed hours if I needed them.
There wasn't really anything they could do to most of them because several were in specialized areas or they were red card queens/kings so they couldn't exactly cut their hours.
As a result everyone else had to pick up the slack but hey, hours.

I requested several full 4 day weekends off from now til December, and it was approved. Its for school, but I think the policy is from store to store.

Tm don't get every other weekend off. Depends on business needs & your weekend availability. Mostly, apples to tl's & upper mgt. every store is different.
Always use ehr to request anytime off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back