Archived Are we all one team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not, freezer Backstock is Markets problem, not the backrooms. But what about you?

On pfresh days an extra flow will backstock as we push. If all hands on deck, backroom back stocks. It depends on the load.

I'm Hardlines, and I help Softlines and Market every once in a while, but it's not common.

Its everyone problem, work as a team to solve it. The back room score will go down, if nothing is done,

Not until they solve why only one brtm is scheduled to close with a new hire and still expects to get everything done while babysitting
Talk to your tl/etl on your concerns. Partner with market folks to help you. Communication is the key.

At my store anything that is to be backstocked is backrooms responsibility, that includes freezer, dairy and dry market. If things start to get out of control and a TL can't remedy the issue then an LOD is involved and decisions are made from there.

I'm a team with anyone who is willing to teach me PROPERLY how to help. Nothing makes me more irritated than a half baked explanation and then walking off into the ether without a walkie and then coming back upset that I've either been slow or made mistakes despite repeated attempts to get help. Sure 7 people called in and you're busy but spending 3 more minutes to make sure I understand is kind of important.

I help out backroom by backstocking the casepacks I open for SFS orders and I help out flow by offering to take backstock/trash/damages/etc to the back when I'm picking for SFS. I also pull forward on the shelf any product I need to take from the salesfloor.

However, I admit I don't pick up softlines off the floor. I could literally spend my entire shift just picking up clothes and it still wouldn't get done. And I also don't backup at the checklanes because nobody has told me to get trained on it yet.

I'm not, freezer Backstock is Markets problem, not the backrooms. But what about you?

Given that our market team can't even push properly, I'm not so sure I'd trust them with the backstock. At least they respond to back-up at the lanes.

And I also don't backup at the checklanes because nobody has told me to get trained on it yet.

Lucky bastard.

Yes we're all one team. No questions asked. I know a lot of, if not most, people don't feel that way, but they're part of the problem not the solution. Backroom needs help pulling/pushing/backstocking because you guys had 3 call outs? Hand me a PDA, I'm down. Softlines needs an extra hand for reshop/pickups/zone? I'll do it, even though it's not my favorite.

As for your specific problem though, I'd talk to your TL/ETL about making sure the schedule is being done in a way where the team you do have can be as productive as possible.

Definitely not one team. My favorite is when we do 4x4's. The LOD gets on the walkie and says ... I need all team members to wherever for 4x4.

But not flow, or backroom, or receiving, or cashiers, or food ave, or Starbucks, or the PMT. So of all the team members at the store at the time, almost 80% are exempt.

In what world does 20% equal all?

And I'm not implying cashiers should go to 4x4 in sporting goods. But they should have their own then.

If I have to use a swiffer to clean the bathroom hardware aisle that morning, I shouldn't go to backup cashier at 10 and start off with zero bags.

Yeah, one team. Uh huh.

I guess ASANTS. Whenever they have a break in checkout volume, the Front End always sends us cashiers to help zone, reshop, 4x4, and push CAFs. I'm grateful to work in a store were teamwork is actually a real and valued concept, even if it is sometimes flawed. It also results in a higher number of TMs who are global and breaks the monotony of always being in the same workcenter. Probably why we have so many internal promotions.

My backroom backstocks frozen as they also push it. Same with dairy. My market pushes and backstocks bakery, meat and produce. They also backstock deli after flow pushes it unless it's not much and then backroom takes the five minutes to backstock it.

With the food you have to be a team. Or nothing will get done and everyone will be miserable. I know my replacements aren't doing well with this, but they were never trained well and still struggle with ordering...but I always helped out. Pushing the order quickly and getting backstock located is top priority. Always. I often pushed my stuff, bcoded it, then helped push other stuff and got my backstock done the next day. Sometimes it's more important to get the almond milk on the shelf than to finish your backstocking.

I guess ASANTS. Whenever they have a break in checkout volume, the Front End always sends us cashiers to help zone, reshop, 4x4, and push CAFs. I'm grateful to work in a store were teamwork is actually a real and valued concept, even if it is sometimes flawed. It also results in a higher number of TMs who are global and breaks the monotony of always being in the same workcenter. Probably why we have so many internal promotions.
Must be nice to be in a store that is so staffed with cashiers (especially this time of year) that the gstl is able to spare a cashier to another dept during the day. The store I was in, had lots of internal promotions but it wasn't because of teamwork. It was from being in the right place at the right time and being in tight with the powers who could promote.
You are right about ASANTS. Most don't value themselves on teamwork. Most just have time to keep themselves above water and get done what needs to be done for the day.

Must be nice to be in a store that is so staffed with cashiers (especially this time of year) that the gstl is able to spare a cashier to another dept during the day. The store I was in, had lots of internal promotions but it wasn't because of teamwork. It was from being in the right place at the right time and being in tight with the powers who could promote.
You are right about ASANTS. Most don't value themselves on teamwork. Most just have time to keep themselves above water and get done what needs to be done for the day.

Yeah I work at a pretty high volume store that hired a lot of seasonal cashiers. We also don't have a high turnover rate. The internal promotions are >mostly < based on merit. As much as I get stressed out by certain leaders and TMs, I do have to say I am very lucky compared to most people on here. I appreciate it everyday lol.

Nope. Backroom and soft lines are terrible at my store. I will take my lunch or take a break if one of those pieces of shit ask for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back