Archived Asked to change position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short and sweet. I'm a hard lines team lead. They asked me if I wanted to become a SFT. I would love to. Just worried it won't be a job in a year or two. Any feed back? Should I? Yes the should is up to me. But it's a nerve wreaking decision .
Thank you in advance

Forgot to add this would be a transfer from a B Volume store to a LOWER volume store.

Ck out the other store. How are sales? Always busy? There is a risk of having only one sft person being shared between stores. If it leads to something in your career field down the road, take it.

It's a low volume store. Sales are decent. But not amazing low compared to mine. But they keep putting money in that store. A star bucks. Redid guest service. Also target owns that property vs mine is rented.

SFT isn't included in the regular TL head counts, so it might be a better choice than some other team lead options imo

Currently I'm on the senior bench so I don't think they are trying to shaft me. But who knows. That's reason I'm concerned. With all the cuts this year.

Our SFT quit because he saw his work load decreasing and figures stores will be sharing SFTs soon. But that's just one guy's opinion. I honestly have no guess one way or the other.

SFT is technically on-level with Sr. TL.

I'd go for it.

SFT would be a raise and consistent hours. SFT is also considered a senior team lead although you will not have Sr TL duties such as LOD shifts. Moving to a lower volume store can be difficult. There will be less store support because they will have less hours. The difference between target owned and rented is property management. You will be more responsible to the exterior of your building such as the parking lot, exterior plants, etc.

The hours are nice so would the lay increase. Since I'm already near maxed out as a team lead the pay would even be better. But the cuts concern me. But a nice change of pace would be great.

SFT is a really great position, I would take it. You get SR-TL pay, and I heard its a bit more manageable as far as expectations go.

I already told them yes. I have my interview soon. The DFM in my area knows me and wants me so does the STL at the store. So not worried about the interviews just worried about job security lol.

I don't see them reducing SFT positions anytime soon. They just invested a lot of money into Facilities Management with them going more digital (SFT iPads, new online portals, etc.). Target also has a competitive advantage in that they have a facilities employee in the store to keep it looking brand. Yes, I can see them possibly giving SFTs two stores down the line, but not soon. They just made cuts in the upper management of facilities. If they were to make more cuts, I think it would upper management first, such as eliminating the FMBP position since SFTs report to the ETL-Log, before it hits the store level.

Thank you for all the support. It can be stressful. The nice thing is I have partnership with the DFM and STL of that store so hopefully if I get it the transition will be easy

I do have one last question. When I sit down for pay what do you think I should ask?

Smile & take the job. A few years back, spot told the district sft, they fired them all after a meeting. Cabs were waiting for them.

Told the district sft? Well to me it sets the stage. A extra dollar is a extra 80 dollars in my savings account.

I am taking it. But I feel like they are going to stiff me. I was just asking how to ask for a extra dollar correctly. Target has a strange lingo.

They will give you a raise depending on the difference in paygrade levels. SFT is Paygrade 17. It can be a little difficult to negotiate pay. Since you are a TL, i'm guessing either PG11 or 13, you could see between $1-3 depending on your current pay level.

I see i see. The base pay in my area is 16 for sft. I guess I'll see what I can do. Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back