Archived Asked to stay late, how do they handle that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get a lot of call outs so they ask me to stay a few hours late or sometimes close a different area which might mean 4 or 5 extra hours.

They never correct my schedule so next year when it comes to reviews, I'm going to have a thousand "late" punches. Aren't they supposed to change the time in the computer so that we don't get in trouble? Right now, it looks like I'm staying late for shits n giggles but I want it on record that they asked me and approved it.

Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

No...your leads take care of the schedule and hours, they're very aware of who's staying later and in what workcenters that person is in.

I am asked to stay all the time and my schedule is hardly every changed. They have never said anything in a negative way come review time. In matter of fact, I always get complimented ( on my review) about how I am always willing to stay. If you are worried about it you can speak to your etl, tl, etl/hr but honestly I don't see an issue .

LODs get a RedWire alert when someone stays 15 min past but otherwise the leadership knows you're staying late and probably sent an email around to let others know.

Generally, no one looks at wps on the attendance front unless you're racking up overtime.

In fact most etls deselect the option so it doesn't clutter up the report

When I was in Softlines, the LOD would always stay late to write the closing e-mail and correct people's times to when they actually clocked out. I don't know if that shows up on MyTime because I never checked... not even sure if MyTime was a thing before I moved to Deli.

If you stay late per lod, most of the time, the lod will change your time out to the same time at my store.

Or it gets noted on an e-mail to HR so you are good. Or just open a note on your phone and just date and you stayed late. So you have record of that. I do the same when I cut time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back