Archived Attandance Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me the attendance policy? A little background. Since sept 1st I have been late by 1 min. on 2 occasions & 30 min late 1 time. The two times i was late by 1 min was in Oct & the time I was 30 min late was in Nov. Also on Thanksgiving evening I worked a 4 hr shift. The ETL HR told me the week b4 what time I worked that night. After I left I got a txt from my ETL that asked if I left & I said yes. They asked why I left early. Evidently My ETL scheduled me a longer shift & different than the ETL HR told me I worked. That night I was scheduled outside my availability but didnt complain about it & was gonna work my 4 hrs & go home. My ETL talked to me a couple days ago & said the night I left was shift abandonment & if I had any more attendance issues I would be put on a CCA. I told my ETL that the HR told me my schedule so I didnt even look at the schedule plus Im on a set schedule that never changes. I told her to ask the HR & she said she did & the HR dont remember that. Thoughts or suggestions?

Lesson learned: always check your schedule.

From what I remember, I think attendance and timeliness are two separate things. So having an issue with one shouldn't affect the other. My guess is your ETL was pretty ticked off, and you're on thin ice. Attendance doesn't have a set number of strikes and you're out. It's on a case by case basis as they look for patterns and problems. And leaving early because you didn't look at your schedule is a problem.

As I always say...YOU have to cover your hiney cause Spot is going to cover theirs. Check your schedule and recheck it. If an etl tells you to come in at a different time /leave early etc. make sure its gets changed in the system. In the end even though you did what an etl told you to....they are still going to tell you that its your responsibility to check your schedule.

In regard to the two 1 minute late shifts you should be ok as you are given a 5 minute grace period to clock in after your start-work time.

i.e. If you are scheduled at 8:00am you have until 8:05 to actually clock in before you appear on an attendance form that HR views from time to time. I don't know what the actual name of this form is or what else goes on it but I've been told that's the policy by my ETL HR. Maybe that's a store by store basis, but I doubt it.

So how long is a documented coaching for attendance/timeliness good for? Im thinking it is 30 days but cant remember for certain. Does it not matter that I was scheduled out side my availability on the day I was told I left early?

Last edited:
In regard to the two 1 minute late shifts you should be ok as you are given a 5 minute grace period to clock in after your start-work time.

i.e. If you are scheduled at 8:00am you have until 8:05 to actually clock in before you appear on an attendance form that HR views from time to time. I don't know what the actual name of this form is or what else goes on it but I've been told that's the policy by my ETL HR. Maybe that's a store by store basis, but I doubt it.
It's a report they run. Late, early and missed punches get run daily to see patterns and close payroll.

The day you were scheduled outside your availability and left early, did you tell anyone? Not OK if you didn't. The schedule is posted a week and a half in advance, if you brought this up to HR earlier, it would have been fixed (I am a former HR TM).

Like everyone has said before... ALWAYS check the schedule yourself. If you think you have to than take a photo of your schedule so you have "evidence" if any ETL may give you are hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back