Attention ULV Flow TLs and TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a Flow TL at a ULV 7:30am unload process store. I just want some insight on how to make my process better. How many TMs are on the flow team, how is your repack sorting process, how big are your trucks, and how long it takes to finish them. Looking for a Flow TL i can partner with to get ideas.

I'm not sure how many people here actually work a 7:30 process. I only recently heard of it from Jefmanly's recent thread. There's a plethora of flow members here, though, so if you share details of what your process is like, it could be helpful to gather some advice.

Well my trucks range from 1500 to 2000, rarely gets 2000 and over mainly during 4th quarter..We just started the 7:30 process in April. I bring in myself, one flow team member, and a receiving team member to start. Team comes in at 7:30, 10 more for the line, the bowler, the runner, and a couple softlines to start breakout. Unload take about an hour. I have 3 hba repacks, one for stat, one for small app, and 3 to 4 softlines. The remaining team members push in A and wave. I have 2 tm a day that break off for instocks after break. We just have a hard time finishing, My new STL said i do not have enough people, i got a couple more, but it still dont seem right. How many bowlers do u guys use? How is your repack process.

My stl decided that 7.30 am start was a joke !!! So the hr schedule the whole flow under other dept at 5.30 am,and 6 am ! ( signing,pricing etc ...) then give those other dept flow hours later on...
Does it work ? Not really,we are talking about the flow team who is the laziest bunch of people I know!!!!

Well my trucks range from 1500 to 2000, rarely gets 2000 and over mainly during 4th quarter..We just started the 7:30 process in April. I bring in myself, one flow team member, and a receiving team member to start. Team comes in at 7:30, 10 more for the line, the bowler, the runner, and a couple softlines to start breakout. Unload take about an hour. I have 3 hba repacks, one for stat, one for small app, and 3 to 4 softlines. The remaining team members push in A and wave. I have 2 tm a day that break off for instocks after break. We just have a hard time finishing, My new STL said i do not have enough people, i got a couple more, but it still dont seem right. How many bowlers do u guys use? How is your repack process.

That seems like too many people on the line. You, in theory, shouldnt need 2 people per section. 1 in each cube, maybe 2 in whatever department handles the physically heavy stuff like furniture or chemicals.

I dont have 2 people per cube..We do push-all trucks, both sides of the line have push..We dont scan the truck for backstock

One or two users here are in stores with an 8AM unload (shudder). Hey insiteful1, do you have anything you'd like to contribute?

I'm at a 7:30 unload store/low volume (also push all). It's a pain in the ass. Unload takes an hour at least, up to 1.5 hours. The store is a mess, the repack breakout is mess (takes up so much space). Domestics is bowled which results in no one being able to walk down the aisles. The trucks often aren't finished until 2:30/3pm. We're not saving payroll compared to the 6am process.

I'm at a 7:30 unload store/low volume (also push all). It's a pain in the ass. Unload takes an hour at least, up to 1.5 hours. The store is a mess, the repack breakout is mess (takes up so much space). Domestics is bowled which results in no one being able to walk down the aisles. The trucks often aren't finished until 2:30/3pm. We're not saving payroll compared to the 6am process.

Wow we usually have the 2:30 days on Monday. Its a pain especially with back to school, they send tons of C and D merchandise. How do you guys breakout repacks?

Wow we usually have the 2:30 days on Monday. Its a pain especially with back to school, they send tons of C and D merchandise. How do you guys breakout repacks?

Well, softlines team arranges their carts on the floor and the team does the breakout.
HBA (A and B block) sets up carts on the floor and has a few team members work on breakout.
I'm not super familiar with the process since I'm just a sales floor TL.

Last edited:

Well, softlines team arranges their carts on the floor and the team does the breakout.
HBA (A/B) sets up carts on the floor and has a few team members work on breakout.
I'm not super familiar with the process since I'm just a sales floor TL.

Oh ok yea thats how i do HBA and softlines. If you had how many flow team members are on the team and do some break off to different workcenters before the truck is done?

A TM or two will go to instocks at 9/10am. A few people go to backroom to start backstock around 10/11am. I think that's everyone who leaves flow for other workcenters.

I have 2 TMs who breakout repacks - the hardlines repacks and the stationary repacks. Then they push them out to their areas on the floor and work them. Two for all of HL and one for stat. Don't breakout the HBA repacks, they are sorted *fairly well now and if you have experienced TMs pushing the repacks over there, they should be able to do it pretty well without breaking it out.

Numbers on the repacks mean something -
#1 is RX repacks
#2 is consmetics
#5 is shave, mens, teeth, bandaids, stomach meds
#12 is hair dye, lotions, etc

My team places 3 repacks in a cart - usually they each pick a number until their done with that number and move on.

hardlines repacks are crazy - in my store the worst are stationary and kitchen gadget carts - without a mydevice or pda, you're sunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back