Pricing and Presentation August Toy Reset - Adding Risers

This year we've been asked to add risers to the salesfloor toy aisles. We're a low volume store, so this is a first for us.

I was anticipating that the planograms would be different to accommodate the additional shelf at the top of the section.
However, the few POGs that have been released, don't seem to have any significant vertical changes at all. Signage and top shelves are still at maximum heights.

Stores that have risers; what advice do you have for a newbie like myself?

I just put them up where they fit. It's not that many shelves for me tbh. There are some planograms that you might be able to adjust the pegs down to fit more but that's extra work. You can remove some signing to fit more too. We don't have enough shelves at my store to even bother trying to fit more.

I just put them up where they fit. It's not that many shelves for me tbh. There are some planograms that you might be able to adjust the pegs down to fit more but that's extra work. You can remove some signing to fit more too. We don't have enough shelves at my store to even bother trying to fit more.

Same here. Last year we skipped it altogether because our riser shelves had been taken for fulfillment hold space. Same problem this year, no risers for us.

You wouldn't get salesfloor locations for those since risers are typically given backroom locations starting with 99R. They're not meant to be shoppable.

Best advice is something like 99R100 and then the salesfloor aisle that it's in, so aisle N12 would have 99R100N12 as its riser location.
That's helpful about the backroom location for risers. We have a few in our Small Appliance department, but the items aren't located.
I think the only issue might be for ship (and possibly 1-for-1 pulls), because the system will think those locations are in the back.

I'll have to talk with my ETL about the limitations of only using shelves where they'll fit. We're not sitting on an abundance (honestly, we're hurting, but the DSD is making it a priority that we try). Guess we'll see.

Are there any planograms what definitely benefit from having the risers? Maybe I can prioritize those as far as making the shelves fit. Thinking it's a lost cause with the Action figure aisles. We have pegs to the tippy top.

I personally like putting product that we have an abundance of to keep endcaps full. I don't do it to fit excess items for the actual aisles.
You should definitely locate your risers. It's pretty easy to audit them every once an a while. You don't want to mess up inventory ND get more product that you already have because someone couldn't find it for sfs and audited it to 0 when you have 5 of them on a riser

I think the only issue might be for ship (and possibly 1-for-1 pulls), because the system will think those locations are in the back.

Not an issue anymore in my experience as long as the risers are properly located the system knows where they are in the store. They should be located as 99R to indicate riser, then 031B for the aisle, finally 001 to indicate the 4 foot section. So, for example, 99R034B004. MyDay knows where that is in the store. At least that's my experience as a former Kitchen DBO.

Not an issue anymore in my experience as long as the risers are properly located the system knows where they are in the store. They should be located as 99R to indicate riser, then 031B for the aisle, finally 001 to indicate the 4 foot section. So, for example, 99R034B004. MyDay knows where that is in the store. At least that's my experience as a former Kitchen DBO.
Is there communication on this? As far as I was aware, best practice for risers is no more than 2 DPCIs (called out on walks for any more than that), so having a location for each shelf doesn't quite make sense. We've always placed the location labels on the inside of the end panel, beneath the aisle marker, and treated all the risers in one aisle as a single location. That could just be a group or district thing for us though.

I found some of the pogs do mention that risers can be utilized after setting. Only about 5 aisles listed Risers in that planograms. So about 30 shelves.

Back