Archived Availability -- Calling out Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, my grandmother has been going through some bad health issues, and my mother really wants me to come see her on my next two days off. I don't drive so I have to take the bus across state. This would be great, except one of the two days I need I am scheduled.

I tried to take steps to resolve this, asking around if people wanted to take it, leaving it on the swap board, and nobody has taken it yet. I have about seven days left for someone to take it. Who do I tell in advance that I'll have to call out if nobody takes it. I don't want to be that person who calls out at the last minute, since I know I have advance notice, I want to say something.

I was going to speak to my LOD about it tonight, but I'm very nervous about saying anything. I do not want to be disciplined or scolded. I am not a person who calls out unless I am sick or something family reated. Any advice on the subject of family vs work would be helpful. Thanks.

I would just go tell your ETL or ETL HR that your grandma is sick and you need to go see her asap. They really shouldn't have a problem giving you the time off especially if they have new hire seasonal team members coming on this week they could give them their shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back