Archived Availability Change DENIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Stupid Rules: Are you implying that everyone at your store has open availabilty? Your last sentence seems to imply that. Doesn't it make you wonder why Target has those forms (on the computer now, I know) at all?

To Stupid Rules: Are you implying that everyone at your store has open availabilty? Your last sentence seems to imply that. Doesn't it make you wonder why Target has those forms (on the computer now, I know) at all?

Stupid Rules, I do believe you're being a little harsh. Nobody has to be available every minute of everyday, now what a legitimate reason is, I'll leave up to Spot, BUT morally speaking, if he's a hard working team member (which I have no doubt that he is) and he works a respectable amount of hours a week, and he wants nights off, well he should get them. But those are just my business ethics. It is a real shame that ETLs (some) are the way that they are.

Last edited:
Flexibility, Integrity, etc. is plastered all over our break room walls. As soon as I saw those I thought, that's what they expect from us, not what they expect from themselves. Thanks for the kind words. Whether I'm building bikes or working the floor, I work hard and fast. I build bikes like was building them for my own daughters, taking as much care as time will allow. They know that.

No, everyone at my store does not have open availability. The people we hire now or allow to transfer in must have weekend and night availability.

Stupid Rules, I do believe you're being a little harsh. Nobody has to be available every minute of everyday, now what a legitimate reason is, I'll leave up to Spot, BUT morally speaking, if he's a hard working team member (which I have no doubt that he is) and he works a respectable amount of hours a week, and he wants nights off, well he should get them. But those are just my business ethics. It is a real shame that ETLs (some) are the way that they are.

So by your logic, anyone who is a hard worker and works a respectable amount of hours should be able to get nights off? So we will put all of the crap people on nights or close the building down. What makes this case so special when compared against others (keep in mind this is coming from a business point of view, not personal - I ****ing HATE closing, I hate only being able to work mids and closes)?

Out of curiosity, on average, how many bikes do you build per hour?

On average, I shoot for 3 per hour. Depending on the particular bike, I can build them from box opening, to test ride, in 10 minutes for the simple bikes, to 1/2 hour for the bikes that come in with assembly problems. I know the assembly company that we had doing them before, could build them in as little as 5 minutes for the simple bikes, however that came with a price. When I started building bikes at this store, 50 bikes had to be defected out and 25 were in for repair with basic adjustment issues, such as brakes, gears and wheel truing. Now I average less than 1 bike per week returned and most of those are for non-assembly related issues. I'm told that our store is the biggest seller of bikes in the region. I build every bike as if it were for my daughters or neighbors...I take my responsibility very seriously, as I should.

On average, I shoot for 3 per hour. Depending on the particular bike, I can build them from box opening, to test ride, in 10 minutes for the simple bikes, to 1/2 hour for the bikes that come in with assembly problems. I know the assembly company that we had doing them before, could build them in as little as 5 minutes for the simple bikes, however that came with a price. When I started building bikes at this store, 50 bikes had to be defected out and 25 were in for repair with basic adjustment issues, such as brakes, gears and wheel truing. Now I average less than 1 bike per week returned and most of those are for non-assembly related issues. I'm told that our store is the biggest seller of bikes in the region. I build every bike as if it were for my daughters or neighbors...I take my responsibility very seriously, as I should.

gtc to you! for fixing/building poor made magna bikes!

Considering how mediocre the bikes we sell actually are I'm very impressed with your production.
You have a good prospective on building, I'd want to buy a bike for my kid from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back