Answered Availability

Hello!!! So I was wondering..... is 25 hours a good maximum in availability for a high school/college student? Thank you :)

Hello!!! So I was wondering..... is 25 hours a good maximum in availability for a high school/college student? Thank you :)
I started when I was in HS, and am now in college. School should be #1 priority ALWAYS. Only you know what you can handle, but I would recommend erring on the side of less hours until you know you can handle it. Then open your availability more if you want.

I second starting low and working your way up when you find out if you can handle it. I started out at about 20-25 and gradually went to 30 and now I average 39 while in school, but it took me awhile to find a groove that I was comfortable with. We have lots of hs/ college students that only do weekends or about 15 hrs, so nothing wrong with whatever you do. You do you, but school first.

I only worked 10 or so hours while a senior in HS. I worked 40 hrs while in college though. We have high schoolers now that work 30+ though. I wouldn't recommend that much.

While you're in school keep it 10-15 hours a week. My nephew found that to be his sweet spot. Usually, he'll work a longer shift on a Saturday (6-8 hrs) and one during the week. Summertime or breaks you can let them know you're available for more. (he doesn't work at Target, but was just using what he found worked for him as the example).

Back