Archived Average hours not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the other day I was looking at my paycheck, and I realized that my average hours aren't correct. Ever since I moved to PA three months ago, I've been pulling no fewer than 35 hours per week but mostly an average of 38 or 39. However, my paycheck says that I'm not even averaging 30 hours a week, which is obviously wrong! Lol I'd like to get this fixed so I can be good for vacation hours and such.

I brought it to the attention of our ETL hr, but she didn't have an answer...not that I expected her to, she's only been with Target for 3 months or so. We're going to sit down and call someone next week to try and get this sorted, but I was wondering if any of our very knowledgable people knew of this problem and things we can do to fix it. :)

Sounds like a job for Annie.
I know the average is based on a bigger bite than 3 months but not sure what it is.
Who can help on this?
And I know it's a big place but you might want to excise your state of residence just on GPs.

I've worked 40+ hours every week for the past year, but due to working 16 hour weeks when I first started, to taking 3 LOAs, my avg hours is only up to 33 and some change.

I was working 11 hour or sometimes less weeks in August. That knocked me down from 30 some odd avg and just this last calculation I noticed it's down to 24 hrs.

One way to monitor your average hours, is be reviewing your old checks. Just go on to ehr to my pay, to see my check tab. Look at the list , before you changed work centers & after moving to pa.

It takes a LOOOOONG time for your average hours to catch up when you change workcenters. I've had my SFT position for about 9 months now and it's been a steady 40/hours ever since, but my average has only recently gotten to 39. I think it's an average over an entire year.

It does take your average hours a LONG time to creep up. It's not just averaging on the past month, it's averaging based on at least the past year (even though I've been dabbling in HR I honestly can't tell you the exact amount of time... sorry!) For example, I've been working 50 hours/week for the past 2 mouths (12 hours on Sunday then 38 during the week... and no, I haven't been actually scheduled that... I've just been the queen of picking up shifts that people are getting rid of and I'm trained in every workcenter) and before that I was always around 35 hours/week. Now, maybe 6 months ago, I was doing 25 hours/week. Right now my average hours is reading 34 hours. Annoying! It DOES take quite a while to catch up, but it'll get there eventually.

Average hours are based on the ENTIRE last 12 months, not just what you've been working in the past week, month, or several months. So you have to look at your old paystubs to see what you worked at this time LAST year and compare it will what you worked THIS year to know if your average hours are going to go UP or DOWN. Benefits.Feedback@target.com if you don't like it being done this way

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one. Average hours is based on your average weekly hours from January 1st to whatever week you are on. However, when you take time off, even if it's paid vacation they count it as though you didn't work which greatly effects your average hours. I took a two-week vacation last year and saw my average hours drop from 35 or so to just 30 and that was in September. This year, I started the first week of the year off with only 16 hours but have had 38 hr/week since then and am now at a 34 hr. average, which I am pretty sure they do on a YTD basis.

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one. Average hours is based on your average weekly hours from January 1st to whatever week you are on. However, when you take time off, even if it's paid vacation they count it as though you didn't work which greatly effects your average hours. I took a two-week vacation last year and saw my average hours drop from 35 or so to just 30 and that was in September. This year, I started the first week of the year off with only 16 hours but have had 38 hr/week since then and am now at a 34 hr. average, which I am pretty sure they do on a YTD basis.
No, average h-ours are NOT based on January 1st to whatever week, they are based on the ENTIRE last 52 WEEKS Regardless of where you are during the year! Call the TMSC HROC 800-394-1885 7 a.m.m to 7 p.m. M-F if you have any other questions

those that have answered above me are correct, the average takes a very long time - like a year. The TMSC can help you. 1-800-394-1885
Actually, the number one thing to do is look on eHR at your paycheck from this time LAST year and compare it with your paycheck THIS year, if you workes LESS hours your average hours will go DOWN if you worked MORE hours on this years paycheck than last, your average hours will go UP

Since they do the average hours by the year, then there are a ton of TMs who won't qualify for health insurance....right?

I can't imagine that they use a full year, could it perhaps be based on the previous six months of employment & hours?

Since they do the average hours by the year, then there are a ton of TMs who won't qualify for health insurance....right?

I can't imagine that they use a full year, could it perhaps be based on the previous six months of employment & hours?

Yes, tons of TMs do not qualify for Health Insurance, or nearly any benefits at all really. Like I said, YTD I think for average but maybe somebody else knows how it works for sure that could help us out.

It's a year.

Also, paid vacation/PH time is counted as time worked--my average stayed at 40.0 on every check for years and years, even though I took time off. I had enough V/PH hours that I filled every single week to 40. Taking one week off would cut have cut my average from ((52 x 40) / 52 = 40) to ((51 x 40) / 52 = 39.2) if vacation hours didn't count--but even when I took two weeks off in a row, my average didn't dip.

Does anyone read the posts? the answer to the average hour topic is very simple, it's based on the entire last 52 weeks! However your PT or FT status is based on your ABEC calculation which is the 52 weeks from Dec 2011 to Dec 2012 and that determines your PT or FT status during Plan Year April 2013 through March 2014
It's a year.

Also, paid vacation/PH time is counted as time worked--my average stayed at 40.0 on every check for years and years, even though I took time off. I had enough V/PH hours that I filled every single week to 40. Taking one week off would cut have cut my average from ((52 x 40) / 52 = 40) to ((51 x 40) / 52 = 39.2) if vacation hours didn't count--but even when I took two weeks off in a row, my average didn't dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back