Archived B&W master ad with bar codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A supervisor told another TL on what s/he wants her/him to do with the master ad. S/he told this other person about the black and white master ad with bar codes on them, this master ad was used during the last Black Friday. Now this person asked me about it because my job involves the ad signing and master ad but I have no idea what this person is talking about. I never saw this master ad. I know about the ad with DPCIs written on them but not one with any bar codes. Does anyone know what this is and where I can find it on the workbench?

Also about N-Code... the Pricing TL asked me about this. This person told me that when s/he does this, it asks "Are you sure? There are still a lot to do." or something to that effect. If s/he press "yes", it just took him/her back to the menu. I know the info is somewhere in the forum. I tried to find it, but I haven't. Someone help pls?

Thanks for any help!

Under front end on workbench there is a link to Weekly ad with DPCIs. That's what they're talking about.

On Work bench, there is a print out called store specific ad guide for the weekly ad. Your boss is talking about the old ad format. It sounds like you are doing ad setup, take down or walking the ad. The n-code could be using the not found "n" found in pricing or signing in the PDA.

Thanks, sigma7 and Hardlinemaster, but I am familiar with both ads but both of them does not have any bar codes on them and both of them are colored, not black and white. So it's not either one of those.

And the n-code that I was talking about is when you want to activate everything but don't want to activate every single one individually. That's the n-code. right?

It's called a black and white because it prints out in black and white, since we don't have color printers.

The n code does activate all that is left in a department for price change. You should not do this, only the team lead should. Everything you do on a PDA is tracked (that's why you have to log in). This will bite you on the ass. Don't do it.

Back in the day they used to send a black and white ad with the bar codes all the time but they haven't done it for a while.
We used to put it up at GS so that if there were any questions you could just scan the barcode and have an answer.

I know that, researchr. Thanks for the warning but I was only asking for my PATL. We were just talking about the Ncode and s/he told me that s/he was having trouble about it.

Thank you, Wildfirez and comiecorvus! I was thinking that that might have been the case but wasn't very sure of it. Now I have something to tell them. Thank you! It would have been great if there is a weekly ad with barcodes on them. Heh =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back