Archived Back to School Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

planoguy

Sr Team Lead
Anyone else have a rediculous amount of BTS go clearance yesterday...we had TONS! Way much more than last year! Long day between ticketing and separating ticketed and PLU

Oh yeah. When I did the schedule for this week, we were NOT forecasted that much for BTS markdowns. It looks like they dumped even more in for next week (about 2,000 more than originally forecasted) so I'll be pulling my hair out again.

Our pricing tl actually told us in the tl meeting this week that this was the easy BTS markdowns he has done working for Target 7 years. There was barley anything left and the other nearby sisters store met the same fate. We where out of BTS supplies about two weeks before markdowns. We received about the same amount we did last year which really didn't help since we didn't make sales for the month.

We have quite a bit (and it's all on the back wall of Halloween, which looks like drek) but none of it is the stuff people needed.
The stuff people wanted like boxes of pencils, we ran out of.
Justin Beiber backpacks and folders we still have tons.

Last edited:
we ran out of a lot of stuff almost 3 weeks ago. not sure how much they have to ticket, probably not too bad though.

Cr@pload of trademark folders.
Gonna build a bonfire with Bieber/DC comix/Barbie/your least favorite folders.

Oh yeah. When I did the schedule for this week, we were NOT forecasted that much for BTS markdowns. It looks like they dumped even more in for next week (about 2,000 more than originally forecasted) so I'll be pulling my hair out again.

Right there with you. Forecast for my store for this past Tuesday was about 2,200 when I wrote the schedule. Came in monday to the system stating 5,340 for Tuesday. It was NOT a good day....

Omg. Like half the stuff in the BTS clearance apparently doesn't belong in there, of course ticking off guests and cashiers alike. I'm so not impressed.

We have the entire backwall and both sides of a gondola full of Clearance BTS. No one bothered to separate PLU, from ticketed clearance, so the guests weren't aware that BTS was going, 30, 50, and now 70%. They just sorted it on Tuesday, so its slowly starting to sell, but not quick enough in my opinion.

Right there with you. Forecast for my store for this past Tuesday was about 2,200 when I wrote the schedule. Came in monday to the system stating 5,340 for Tuesday. It was NOT a good day....

My forecast when I wrote the schedule was ~3000 tickets, my BTS say of workload was just short of 7000 tickets (plus another 1000 price change).

My bet is, pricing will need some help.
On radio:
Lod: hlm, can you help out the pricing team?
Me: sure.
I had knew it was coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back