Archived Backup postings

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a couple of backup positions posted that I am interested in. They are the packing office and tss. What is involved in each position. I know tss is the front desk and checking in trucks in the yard, anything else? And packing office is ...? Any info would be great!

From what I know the Packet Office (still have zero idea why it's called that), otherwise known as Inbound Clerical, deals with switching around IB trailers, announcing IB freight flow numbers, switching item dispositions (conv to non-con, EW to TW, that sorta thing). They work very closely with dispatch, the yard drivers, the IBGL and the IB team. There's probably a lot more that I'm not stating, but I don't interact with them much on a daily basis.

You pretty much got down what TSS does. They also do rounds and check on the security items and manage the movement of trailers around the yard, but from what I hear from most of my fellow TM who back-up, it's a whole lot of just sitting around in the guard shack.

From what I know the Packet Office (still have zero idea why it's called that), otherwise known as Inbound Clerical, deals with switching around IB trailers, announcing IB freight flow numbers, switching item dispositions (conv to non-con, EW to TW, that sorta thing). They work very closely with dispatch, the yard drivers, the IBGL and the IB team. There's probably a lot more that I'm not stating, but I don't interact with them much on a daily basis.

You pretty much got down what TSS does. They also do rounds and check on the security items and manage the movement of trailers around the yard, but from what I hear from most of my fellow TM who back-up, it's a whole lot of just sitting around in the guard shack.
I think clerical can be somewhat stressful depending on what type of person you are, at least this is the complaint I hear from a person who is a back up now at that position. Its for sure a good way to save your back though if you are working a labor intensive job now. There is an Outbound clerical as well where I work. Which pretty much does the same things as the outbound but just on the opposite end from what understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back